Tuesday 27 April 2010

Non-skipping Gel Pens - gel pen sets, gel pen


These have to be the greatest writing pens on earth. I have been writing for 60 years and I have never found a better writing instrument. These pens don't write, they glide. They are perfect for the writer on the go, the student or anyone who needs a reliable pen that comes in an array of vivid ink colors. They are perfect for doing editorial work with the use of red over blue. For color illustrations where a clear green and red distinction must be carried out. The gel technology is a fantastic improvement over the old "ballpoint" pens that I grew up with. Even felt pens cannot match the reliability and smoothness that these pens provide the busy writer.



They are cost-effective on two fronts: first, they have a generous ink supply and second, they're not much more expensive than the older type pens. The translucent body is a fabulous way of keeping track of your dwindling ink supply. And, they are comfortable. I say, if you want to fly, get a Pilot! Pilot G2 Fine Point Assorted Color Gel Ink Pens, Retractable Rolling Ball, 8-Pack Pouch, 31128

I really love the wide range of colors you can get in the G2 pens. The reason I buy them over and over again and have for years is because I love the way the ink flows out of the tip. They are very smooth. I have a purple one and a teal one in my purse right now. The mini's are just as fun, but obviously don't last as long as the big ones. I like writing with the fun colors that are available. If you buy a pack of these- guard them well. People will try to borrow them and never give them back. I've had to start buying them for my teenage daughter who loves using them at school for note taking and such. She's hooked on G2s also! The ink almost has a metalic sheen to it.

I love GEL pens in bright colors. I like these pens for how they feel and write, but have found if I do not use them continually, they 'dry up' quickly and I am unable to get them to produce ink. This is an awfully expensive fine point for it to poop out so quickly. I have 3 green pens (favorite color) and 2 purple pens in my desk drawer that I cannot use. And, I have tried several different techniques to get the ink flowing.



On the other hand, although boring from the color-wheel perspective, the Pilot EasyTouch is a very durable pen and lasts forever.

These pens get expensive when you factor in that everyone who borrows a pen from you "forgets" to return it because it works so great. I've purchased the color pack multiple times, and here I am with only red/blue/black on my desk. I'd like to buy a big box of them so I don't have to keep searching for them as I hate using any other pen.

I started using these pens back in middle school, around 6th grade when I was only 11. I am 19 now and these are the only pens I use. I've been spoiled by the smooth flow and the beautiful lines these pens provide. I have tried many other pens, but none give quite the comfort, the lines, and the flow as these do. You can even refill these if you don't want to buy a new pack, and although they are a little bit pricier than regular Bic pens, they are definitely worth the extra couple dollars. As an artist whose favorite medium is markers, I love to use the colored pens to detail some of my work and as a student, I love to switch up the colors to make my notes even more organized and easy to read. Don't ever let anyone borrow these pens because they'll never give them back because I guarantee you they have fallen in love.

Product writes very well - just does not write for long. The amount of ink in the barrel of the pen is a lot less than it looks - 3 of the pens used so far (in 3 hours of use over a 2 week period) ran completely out of ink. For the price I am very disappointed in the product. I recommend you try another brand.

Pros:

long lasting

reliable

vibrant colors

don't have to apply much pressure for the ink to start flowing (unlike ballpoints)



Cons:

since they're gel pens, the ink does take a few seconds to dry so it can smear if you're not careful



Overall:

I highly recommend the Pilot G2 pens- the best pens I've found for the price.

I have searched a few stores for a good set of ink pens before I found these pens online and I was even more surprised with how good the pens work the very first time I used them. The ink keeps at an even flow which is very nice and the variety of colors are nice as well. I now have enough pens to keep at my desk, near the phone as well as in my handbag and it will be ahile before I run out of pens since these have a lot of ink in them. I'll be buying more of these next time I need ink pens.

I use the G2 blue normally but when I am working on various topics I like to use different colors to point out certain areas of comment. These pens fit the bill. The G2 pens are super, if they seem to run out and there is ink in the barrel, shake the pen and voila it's back to life - Gel Pen Sets - Pens - Retractable - Gel Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Non-skipping Gel Pens - gel pen sets, gel pen gel pen sets Non-skipping Gel Pens - gel pen sets, gel pen