Tuesday 27 April 2010

Bad Company - fishbone, case


I love that this case is smooth and is a hybrid of both a silicon and hard case. I was worried about impact resistance with a gel case and the reviews of hard cases say they usually break if dropped (which is better than your phone breaking) but scratch your phone where dirt is caught. This case is great because the hard cover protects the corners and back, while the silicon part of the case is a tight, perfect, fitting. Also, the hard part of the case allows the phone to slip easily in and out of pockets and keeps the silicon from stretching out, which is often difficult and annoying with silicon cases. It took me a few minutes of adjusting the soft and hard parts of case to get it them snap together but after I did it was a perfect fit. I bought this black one for my phone and the red one for my boyfriend's phone. We both love them, only wish there were more colors available. Black/Black Fishbone Design Hybrid Hard/Gel Phone Cover Protector Case for HTC T-Mobile Mytouch 4G

Okay, there simply three types of case. 1. Silicone Skin 2. Hard Case 3. Hard case with Rubberized finish.

I don't like any silicone skin bc it's hard to take it out of the pocket and it tracks dirt. Hard case and hard case with Rubberized finish are nice, but after you drop them copule time... you will need a new one.



The good:

This "Fishbone" case is acutally the mix of all designs. The corners are silicone/rubberish. but the most part of the case (the fishbone part) is auctally hard case with rubberized finish. It was easy to install and the case stays on.



The bad:

The only bad thing is that the case make the phone a little thinker than I want it to be. But, you can't have everything can't you?



Conclusion:

With this price, (under 10.00) This is a very good case for mytouch 4g.

The shell fits the product very snuggly. In the pictures, the plastic outer shell looks to be raised on the back, it isn't, it is flush with the inner silicone shell. The product does add some significant dimensions to the phone, so keep that in mind if you use it in conjunction with some kind of arm band pouch, as I can barely cram mine in my arm band pouch with the type of headphone jack I have. The nice thing about the thickness is, the cut outs for buttons are then significantly below the shell surface, which I like because your less likely to hit the volume rocker or power button by accident. I would feel confident that damage would be avoided if it got dropped from a typical distance.



The only issue I have is how slick it is. The silicone that is exposed is less tacky than others and the outer plastic shell is also slick. That makes it nice sliding in and out of pockets, but also hands. I would have preferred some kind of etching or material is is more tacky.



I am happy with the product at the price point, but in hindsight, I might have chosen the Body Glove My Touch case, although I believe this one would offer more protection from a drop, which is the main purpose of a case to begin with. If this design incorporated the belt clip/Kickstand feature of the Body Glove and addressed my issue of the tackiness, then I would have easily paid $30 for it.

Unlike the hard case, this gel case doesn't scratch the exterior of the phone. The downside is that it doesn't fit the phone tight enough and collect lots of dust (especially at the corners). Other than that, this is a really cool looking case.

I was worried that it was going to be one of those gel cases that can't slide in and out of pockets but it wasn't! It comes in two pieces, a floppy glove and a "fishbone" shell to lock it into place. Some people say it makes your phone thicker, but it doesn't at all. I paid 30 dollars for a clear hard shell at T-Mobile. Not worth it at all. It leaves a majority of the edges unprotected. And it looks as if it were going to shatter with one drop. This case was less than 10 dollars, and would protect my phone much better than what T-Mobile sells. All sides of your phone are protected, and it feels really heavy duty. I thought it would be too good to be true for 8 dollars, but I don't see a catch!



Super durable, isn't sticky, all-over protection!

This phone cover is great. It fits perfectly without interefering with the screen like the hard plastic one I had before, plus it's much easier to get on and off. Very durable and the price is much better than buying from a phone store or mall kiosk.

my friend got a case for her mytouch 4g and it didn't fit properly. so when i ordered this one, i was afraid that it might not fit. but when i tried it on, IT WAS PERFECT. the cases t-mobile stores are $20 each!!! and they don't fit the phone either!!

but this one is less than half the price and is much better. You can throw your phone on the floor and nothing is going to happen!!

if you love your phone like i do, i suggest you get this case '

This particular case is one of the best cases I've ever purchased. It's a two piece case with a silicone part and a hard plastic part for added support and protection. The case just looks great and feels absolutely delightful in the hands. The surface of the case is raised on the side that the screen is on which protects the screen. This is because it can fall short distances and if it lands flat on the side of the screen, it's likely not to have made any contact with the floor. The openings for the buttons on the case are perfectly positioned and I've had absolutely no problem accessing the buttons. The case is a fantastic buy, especially for this steal of a price. Cases bought legitimately through t-mobile can run 15-20 dollars and aren't nearly as nice or practical. Two thumbs up! - Hybrid - Case - Fishbone - Tmobile'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bad Company - fishbone, case hybrid Bad Company - fishbone, case