Saturday 10 April 2010

Hex Bit Set - driver, hex bit set


All the screw driver bits are Phillips size 2. It would have been better had they included a couple of different sizes and a regular flat blade. I also have had a problem with the Impact Ready Pivoting Bit Tip Holder snapping in two. I have been able to get it back together, but it has happened more then once. All other bits work well. DEWALT DW2169 38-Piece Impact Driver Ready Accessory Set

Dewalt sells another "Impact Ready" kit with more variety, but lacks the 1/4-3/8 drive for sockets. Thus, forcing you to buy both kits. The pivot drive probably won't be as useful as Dewalt markets it to be, and having a case full of #2 bits isn't going to get me very far when I need to drop down cement board or decking using square drives. I've been using Bosch philips bits with my Makita impact and they've held up perfectly, so I really wanted this more for the 1/4-3/8 drive and sockets.

I was ready to pick up one of these at a woodworking show. Then I noted that all the screwdriver bits are Phillips. What's with that? I work on furniture and almost all my screws are Robertson (no, I am not Canadian). Anyone wanting to use an impact driver would, I think, prefer Robertson or Torx over Phillips bits that were originally designed to cam out under too much torque. I'd happily buy one of these sets if they had a choice of bits other than a Hobson's choice.

Very handy kit. I would love to see one with either more variety of bits or without the phillips bits at all (for a lesser price). The nut drivers, sockets, swivel, and 3/8 socket adapter are worth the price of admission as is, so I consider the huge number of #2 philips bits a free bonus. With square head and torqs bits gaining popularity, especially with decking, it would have been nice to see them included, and would have made this an easy 5 star. Great kit though.



As for the swivel coming apart, you can't run it while pushing it hard against it's maximum angle or the impact will pull it apart. That's common sense to anyone with an understanding of how swivels work, but I guess the "impact ready" name makes some people think they are indestructible. It's a tool, if used properly it will work great for you.



Compared to the mikita and the milwaukee set, this one wins out hands down. You get a 3/8 socket adapter vs 1/4" and the tools seem to be of much higher quality. They give you drill bits, but that's really not the realm of the impact driver, so their omission is understandable.

I first saw this product on a television coverage of the 2008 tool expo on HGTV. A dewalt rep was showing off the benefits of the new bit designs and angled driver. These accessories are designed for impact drivers that have the collet lock for the bit rather than a chuck. They are also hardened to stand up to high torques that impact drivers generate. I have been real happy with these and whole heartedly recommend them if you own an impact driver and have been looking for a set of good bits for it. The cases are typical of dewalt and works well.

Combined with my DeWalt impact driver, the angle driver in this set has gotten me out of some serious tight jams while driving countersunk self-drilling wood screws. It is GREAT. The rest of the set is an excellent compliment to the angle driver, especially the sockets & adapters.



If you're a pro, get a spare angle-driver - you won't want to be without one if you ever lose or break it.

I have been very happy with this set. It comes with plenty of bits and the sockets which are handy. I haven't broken any bits with my impact driver yet but there are extras of the more heavily used ones so that is nice. The case is nice and holds things in place, unlike the makita set I also bought which eventually allows things to come loose and then fall out when you open it. Overall a nice set for the money. - Driver - Drill Bits - Hex Bit Set - Bosch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hex Bit Set - driver, hex bit set drill bits Hex Bit Set - driver, hex bit set