Wednesday 24 March 2010

Thinkbamboo - Needlecraft


I just bought this yarn in Licorice for a pair of socks. It is a very soft blend, the wool in it making it much easier to work with than straight up bamboo. It is also stretchy enough to make a decent ribbing on the cuff. I am using size 2 needles and get 34 sts in 4" (stockinette), a little off from the manufacturer's gauge. The color is just as pictured. Hopefully it will wear well-- it still looked untouched after I knitted and ripped out three gauge swatches with the same piece of yarn. 2 pack of Soft and Slim Color 993 Mint Dark Chocolate

This yarn is very soft, the color is rather nice. This is the first time I've ever worked with yarn of this weight and this yarn very good. It's a little mind boggling to work with yarn this thin, but it's fun and I think in the end it makes for a finer end product.

Frankly, I don't have time to coddle my socks. This is a lovely yarn, a delight to work with, and the colors are very nice, but I saw nothing in the description to mention that little problem. So I bought it for socks, and ended up making a lace scarf instead.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Thinkbamboo - Needlecraft Thinkbamboo - Needlecraft Thinkbamboo - Needlecraft