Wednesday 24 March 2010

Photography - memory card, 8gb


I use these memory cards with my DSLR camera and need the speed to minimize buffering effect in multi-shot modes. These cards perform perfectly every time. My camera is a 15.1 MP camera and each of these cards can hold roughly 1200 maximum quality .jpeg files or nearly 450 RAW images before I need to swap in a new SDHC card. I would definately purchase these cards again. SanDisk has consistently provided the quality I rely on for my photo shoots. SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card (SDSDX3-008G, Bulk Package)

The product is really worth of the money.

The Transcend card which is free with Canon T2i camera I bought is OK.

But when I am taking lots of picture continuously, the Transcend will pause a lot for buffering.

But the Sandisk will keep going without any problems.

If the price drop a little bid will be much better :)

I have ordered two of these cards from Straight Trading. One of them was dead on arrival. I could take a few photos, but when I wanted to review them my D7000 showed a "card error". I tried reformatting it in the camera, and with my card reader with the computer. This made the camera record images again, but upon reviewing them it died again. The second card was working so far, but who knows for how long? I called Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon) and they took both cards back. (The camera is fine, have shot >1000 photos on a Transcend card.)

I have no idea how to identify fake cards, but is it possible that some of these low priced SanDisks are not originals? If anyone has more info on this I would like to hear it. I wouldn't think SanDisk's QA would let this card pass.

I have purchased three SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class Ten High Performance memory cards for my new Nikon DSLR and am very pleased with their performance. The D7000 shoots 16.2MP @ up to 6 fps, as well as full 1080p video. These cards have a fast transfer rate (up to 30MB/s) and allow me to rattle off a series of high speed shots - burst rates of 15 frames in JPEG High and 10 frames in RAW + JPEG High according to my camera - without worrying that I will miss an opportunity. I have actually shot continuously for around 30 frames (JPEG) without any failure, although I haven't done any high speed photography in RAW format just yet.



I have heard that the next generation of high performance SDHC cards will arrive soon, but for now these cards work very well and the price is fair for such a fast, solid & static shielded card. I definitely trust SanDisk products to perform flawlessly, I may get a couple more before my upcoming vacation to Yellowstone.

I bought this for my Canon T2i to take pictures and shoot 1080p video. I does everything I expect it to do with no lag. Download speeds to my computer are superfast. Dollar for dollar I prefer a quality, lower gig card to a cheap high gig card.

If you have a Canon Rebel T1i, T2i or 60D look no further than this card. I read "all" the reviews and experimented with a class 6 SDHC card (5 seconds of 1080P video b4 buffer btw) and this card does everything you need it to do. Its "exreme"ly fast and it does not pause video to write at any time. Fantastic card and great price on Amazon. - Sandisk - Memory Card - 8gb - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Photography - memory card, 8gb photography Photography - memory card, 8gb