Thursday 11 March 2010

Eye Protection - safety glasses, cheap gifts


An electrical company I was working for at the time issued us these because our site required us to wear them at all times. Over 60 employees wore them every day for two years if I remember right. No one complained about the fit (or the optics???) but they are not anti fog after you clean them. No safety glasses are anit fog, anit scratch or UV protective long term (and depending on how many times you clean them) except the vary high end ones (those being the ones people that don't do any actual work ware if you get what I`m sayng) They are pretty light weight and that helps a lot with the comfort. I'm not going to say they don't get scratch up. Every pare of safely glasses I've ever owned eventually get scratches unless you baby them like they are a pair of nice sunglasses.



Safety glasses are made for the express purpose of getting beat up and scratched and so far these are the cheapest ones I can find that are still light and comfortable. Meaning all it takes is a trip to lowes with full pocket of change to get a new pair. AO Safety/3M Tekk 11329 Virtua Anti-Fog Safety Glasses, Clear Frame, Clear Lens

They work great as indoor safety glasses, but if you are going to be spending time being physically active outside, in the cold or rain, I would encourage you to buy a better pair of glasses. The anti-fog doesn't seem to work very well for more then about 5 minutes of activity outside in the cold or rain.

These glasses are light and comfortable and fit well. I can see very clearly through them and might even forget I have them on. I have not tested their ability to protect from an impact however so I can not comment how good they are at protecting.

These are good anti fog glasses and the fit well.

The item came with a scratch on the center of the lens....not damaged in shipment; but, purposely packed with an obvious scratch.

Let's see if they can ship a non damaged pair for replacement.

I would recommend these safety glasses otherwise.

Certainly these glasses aren't expensive, and would be fine for very short duration wear, but in this case you get what you pay for in terms of optical clarity. The lenses have significant distortion, and caused a lot of eye fatigue for my coworkers and me.

I bought a pair of the clear lenses for cycling. Fits great, extremely comfortable and lightweight, no distortion from the lenses. The wraparound design keeps everything out of my eyes when I'm riding in the city. The only problem is that the clear glasses are hard to see when you put them down somewhere, so I ended up losing them. Great safety glasses, I'd buy them again.

I purchased these for mountain biking. They deal with sweat fine. I haven't had fogging problems. They fit my face good and I have a large head. No optical problems. They've kept the branches and such out of my eyes so far.

These glasses were so cheap, but they work great. They don't slide down your nose, they aren't too tight, they are lightweight, and they don't get foggy at all. I love using them for my college chemistry class. They are much better than wearing goggles!!

I bought these from Home Depot (AOSafety Model #90551) and they seem great. I tried them on outdoors and did not notice any optical distortion. I looked at the trees and my hands to see if I could see detail from far away and up close and everything seemed very clear and detailed. I removed the glasses and looked again and everything seemed identical.



The glasses are very light and I like their "simple" look (most safety glasses just look like they're trying too much to look cool and come off a bit gaudy). They have good wrap around protection and although they look slim to me they cover up to my eyebrows and about an equal distance down under my eye. I tried looking up and down and they seem to stay in place very well and do not move around even when looking straight down. I'll try to post a pic if I can.



Note: Although my pair look identical to the pair here, they do not mention anything about anti-fog. - Safety Glasses - Cheap Gifts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Eye Protection - safety glasses, cheap gifts cheap gifts Eye Protection - safety glasses, cheap gifts