Thursday 18 February 2010

Unlocked Cell Phone - razr, cell phone


I ordered this phone to replace a worn-out Razr that I've had for a few years. I love my Razr; it's the perfect phone for someone who does not need a fancy iPhone, Blackberry, touchscreen, etc. I expected a completely brand new phone, unlocked, direct from the manufacturer.



The phone was locked (it needed a code) and had a "Refurbished" label. T-Mobile and Amazon could not help me so I called Motorola. I provided the MSN and IMEI codes (one-of-a-kind ID numbers assigned in the factory) from the phone, and he said the codes were not in the database, meaning the phone had been sold by a carrier or refurbished.



I asked Amazon for a replacement. The replacement phone did not have a "Refurbished" label and did not ask for an unlock code; I inserted my SIM card and made and received calls. However, the phone has AT&T logos, screensavers, browser links, etc. While it was technically unlocked, it was not what I expected. The next morning, all the keys and buttons stopped working. The phone was a complete dud after less than one day of use.



This time I asked Amazon for a refund. I guess I could ask for a third phone, but I'm sick of this and I found a much better price and warranty on the exact same item at another retailer.



This page does not state that this phone may be refurbished, may have carrier branding, or may be locked. In my experience all of these things were true. Two different customer service representatives told me that every time they send me a replacement, it is from the same batch that Motorola sold them so it may have the same problems as the phone I'm returning.



Bottom line: Amazon admits that, when you order this item, they don't know if you will receive the product described on this page. Motorola RAZR V3 Unlocked Phone with Camera and Video Player--U.S. Version with Warranty (Silver)

I bought this phone in July,2009 and it stopped working in Jan,2010. Phone comes with 1year warranty.

We left message on the phone number provided on warranty card - no one calls back.

Sent email to address provided on warranty card.. email does not get through.



So don't count on warranty as it suggests..

Having used the razr v3 for a month or two at this point, i have no significant complaints. The reception is reasonable, better than the 3 year old Nokia 6822 that my wife uses, but not as good as many other phones of newer makes and models. The phone when first turned on begins in Spanish but automatically switched to English as soon as the network was accessed.



The speakerphone is not worthwhile and is only used when absolutely necessary as there is poor voice quality on the other end and the output sound is scratchy and sounds as though the speaker is blown. Another point of frustration I've experienced with the razr is an increase in the voice echo when speaking with other cell phones, although I'm not certain if the fault is the phones or my current networks' issue.



Overall, I feel like this phone is a reasonable purchase for 100 dollars for an unlocked phone and I'm satisfied with it. In fact, I'm considering purchasing another to upgrade the reception of my wife's service, but not so sold on the value as to make it a no brainer-type decision.



Other functions such as bluetooth, camera, video camera etc. work as expected and provide satisfactory results.

I was expecting this to be a new phone, not branded by any carrier. It came packaged with plastic stickers like a new phone, but looked dirty inside like a used phone would. It shows the AT&T logo on power-up and shut-down, and has "AT&T Mall" apparently permanently installed on the menu. (Which would be okay if I was going to use this with AT&T, but I'm not)



The enclosed warranty card is from "Consumer Certified Repairs" in Miami, FL.



The phone seems to work fine, but it's sure not what I thought I was buying. If I had it to do over again, I'd go for a used one on Craigslist instead.

I bought this phone for my mother, knowing that it was not the newest phone on the market. However, after testing many other phones, my mother who is partially deaf, found the RAZR v3 the easiest for her to hear in both her good ear and with her hearing aid. Also, the speaker phone is exceptionally clear.

I purchased this cell phone from Amazon and it was sold as new. This cell phone purchase was to replace a cherished RAZR that an elderly parent had and absolutely loved. I wanted a new phone and so I purchased it from Amazon LLC and not from one of the hundreds of other sellers on Amazon. The first time my Mom called me it had a loud screeching sound in the background and that never went away. It also wasn't "new" as it had it five quick notes written in Spanish on the phone. Someone at Amazon didn't bother to check these phones or they would have found mine and many others here weren't new but probably refurbished phones. Phone never worked properly and Mom took it into an AT&T store and the rep was nice enough to check it out. He found the phone was defective and advised returning it for a refund which we did. So the lesson I learned was even Amazon doesn't guarantee you a "new" cell phone even if the listing says it's new. - Motorola - Cell Phone - Unlocked Cell Phone - Razr'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Unlocked Cell Phone - razr, cell phone motorola Unlocked Cell Phone - razr, cell phone