Monday 1 February 2010

Picnic Time


I love this basket. I purchased the basket for an outdoor concert. It kept the food warm, fruit cold and it was enough space to fit wine and everything. I also, liked how modern it is. I would definitely recommend this to others. Picnic Time Metro Basket (Moka)

The insulation in this basket is much better than I expected! It was toted around Manhattan on a melting summer's day, but four hours later the ice packs inside were still extremely solid. The cheese slices had not melted together and the drinks stayed cold. While the drawstring top will not insulate as long as a cooler, it retains the desired temperature far longer than you'd think.



Additionally, this basket is so roomy (thank you, expandable drawstring top). It easily fits a 2-liter bottle of soda with plenty of room to spare for ice packs and the actual meal. It is also easy and comfortable to carry despite its bulk.



The "collapsible" part of the advertisement is true, but the basket does not stay collapsed in storage unless it is wedged between two things or something heavy is placed on top of it. It came in the package collapsed, but after expanding and using it, I have not been able to make it stay that way on its own.

I used this basket for a picnic and I loved it. It is so lightweight, can fit a ton of stuff (even a large pot that I angled into the bottom). The only thing that I found was that...its not THAT collapsible. Because of the thick insulation, I haven't figured out how to collapse it and make it stay that way. But other than that, it works out great and doesn't take much space to stow away.

I got this for my wife for Mother's Day, and it was an instant hit. Lightweight and easy to carry, can be stuffed to the gils, and the soft top means you aren't restricted to fitting everything within a perfect square or rectangle. I looked at a lot of the other baskets that come with plates and cups and all that, but didn't like the idea of a basket that basically tells you there's only room for four at your picnic.



As a bonus, my wife loved it, too.

This is a very cute and functional basket/tote. It is better than a picnic basket in my opinion because it is collapsible and it is also tough and durable. The insulated lining is nice, though it is certainly not a cooler and won't hold ice for hours, but it helps a little. Very easy to clean and store. I take it to the farmer's market/fish market for shopping and also anytime we travel I use it to hold all our car snacks, etc.

Just beware that this is only the tote basket! It does not include the picnic items as pictured! I ordered this thinking it would have the plates, napkins, cutlery, and cups as shown in the photo but what arrived was just the basket. Just make sure you read the description carefully!

Going to use this on a cross country road trip - can't wait, it was just what I was looking forPicnic Time Metro Insulated Basket, Red. Seller was very quick and professional. Packaged very well. Received in excellent condition. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Picnic Time Picnic Time Picnic Time