Thursday 11 February 2010

High Resolution - 3d ready, viewsonic


This is my first projector, so I cannot really give too technical of a review. However, here are the things I've noticed in the short time I've had it so far...



Like others have said, it's bright. I can use it in the middle of the day with blinds open and see perfectly fine. From what I understand, the image will gradually get dimmer the more hours it has, but for now it's superb.



It's very easy to use. I've never operated one before and was able to use it right out of the box. Plugged it in, connected my ps3 or laptop, and turn it on. It automatically detects everything without issue.



The image can get quite large. So far I've been using it to generate an image about 8 ft wide with a good picture. The projector is 14ft away from the wall. Definitely much larger than any LCD or Plasma!



I purchased this projector for a short term relocation. I didn't want to have to ship a TV and figured if I bought a projector I could take it home with me in a few months. It's easily portable, and this one comes with a case (unlike some others. I also looked at getting the Optoma hd66 which is in the same price range, and I don't believe it came with a case and the viewsonic had a few more features).



I haven't used 3D yet since 3D glasses are still quite expensive, but one day I hope to try it.



If the lamp lasts 4000-6000 hours, I will be perfectly satisfied. That should give me several years of usage, and at that point it'll be time to upgrade anyways (technology flies these days)! Or, I could replace the lamp, although I still haven't found any bulbs online yet. I use ECO mode as well, and the difference in ECO mode and standard is hardly noticeable. ECO mode is plenty bright enough.



UPDATE: Be sure to check the contrast settings if you don't see a proper picture. The contrast setting automatically switched to 0 for HDMI input somehow and I almost returned it thinking the jack had become defective (only saw blank screen). I'm not sure why it changed, but be sure to check if the image seems off even if you didn't change anything yourself. ViewSonic PJD6531w WXGA Wide DLP Projector -120Hz/3D Ready, 3000 Lumens, 3200:1 DCR, HDMI

Let me start off by saying that when i buy something i study it hard before i buy it to make sure that i make the right descion, i settle on the viewsonic pjd6531w, and am i ever happy i did!! right out of the box the picture looked awsome!! and i received it in the morning at work so when i got home for lunch the first thing i did was set it up, even on a beige wall the picture was sharp! when i got home i put it in the spare room on a white wall , setup the surround system and popped in a bluray into the ps3, and i was blown away!!!! the colors, the sharpness, and the jaw dropping size of the screen was simply breath taking! i seriously had to do nothing , not one adjustment but to the keystone due to angle on bookshelf, if you are looking for a projector you will not be dissapointed with this one! oh and the 3d is great too!! i feel like i can jump into the screen!

3000 lumens gives amazing brightness with a projection on my wall about 8-10ft across. HDMI input so you don't have to worry about signal quality issues from analog VGA cables. Web browsing is crisp and easily readable from across the room, and movies look great also. Lots of features in the menu system including digital keystone correction, detailed color controls, captioning, customizable start-up splash-screen and more. And the default settings are good, right out of the box.



The price is very competitive, many projectors on the market are years-old models, not this one. I was shopping for a projector for months and consistently dissatisfied with the price vs features until I saw this model and immediately pre-ordered it.



The fan noise is present but very reasonable, during any movie watching one will quickly forget that it is there. Eco mode is just a small step less bright than full on, so I am using that most of the time since its plenty bright and gives a longer lamp life and slightly less noise.



It comes with a carrying case also, a nice touch.



No idea about the 3D performance yet, as I don't have anything that generates 3D content.

First thing this is an excellent 3D projector working with a "pc - Nvidia 460 gtx, LG 3D internal Blu-ray player, Nvidia 3D vision kit"



Second thing after reading a lot of blogs about problems with the projector. Let this be clear "there is no problem showing 3D in 720p".



Third if you are running at least fifty (50) feet in ceiling, forget about HDMI 1.4 ,1.3 cable. It just to long. Use a DVI to vga adapter with a high end 50' vga cable because it will work in 3D at 120Hz without crackling noise or sparkles.



Fourth, go through Nvidia 3d setup with "Test stereoscopic 3D" by running setup wizard. You need set the resolution at 1280x720 @ 120Hz. Set your projector Menu,Picture,3D Sync set to DLP-Link if using with the Viewsonic PGD-150 or any DLP Link glasses.



Fifth you do not need a firmware update to make it work in 3D Blu-ray or any 3D media files. You can test from this website [...] You just need the hardware like what is shown in the first line.



While in 3D full screen mode either in POWERDVD 10 or 9, or any viewing in full screen mode, your will be able to adjust all projector settings using network ip address that you have set for "ViewSonic Network control" on another pc system that not diplaying your current 3D if you don't want interruption during play."netgear game adapter with RJ45 hookup wireless N"

I researched projectors to death before I bought this one. I new I wanted one that was bright because I would be using it in my living room for general viewing (computer and playstation hooked up to it). I also new that I wanted one with a not so long throw, meaning that I wanted something between a theater projector and a short-throw presentation projector. This one is right in the middle (distance from projector to screen is 12 ft. and screen size is about 90-110", 16:10 ratio, which is perfect for me). It is brighter than most projectors significantly more expensive. It is widescreen, 16:10, which allows the watching of 16:9 movies with only small bars at the top and bottom. I don't know why so many projectors are 4:3, everybody wants widescreen. The pixel numbers of 1280x800 (WXGA) allow 720p resolution movies to be played at exactly 720p, and not have to be modified to fit other pixel numbers; this is assuming you will not have to 'keystone' the screen, which you probably will. The screen is watchable with lights on due to it's brightness, the only problem is that light make the black less black, and no projector can fix that.



Cons:

-The fan noise is semi-noticeable, but any decent amount of volume makes it unnoticeable.

-The project automatically points the screen up since it is more designed for presentation from desk height; this might be a good thing to you. For me, however, it is not. I mounted the projector about 9 ft high and have had to prop the back of it up about 3 inches in order to get it to display at a good level on the wall. I will soon be mounting it upside down to eliminate this.



Summary: Good price, easy to use, very clear and crisp, great colors, very bright. - Viewsonic - 3d Ready - Dlp Projector - Home Theater'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


High Resolution - 3d ready, viewsonic 3d ready High Resolution - 3d ready, viewsonic