Tuesday 9 February 2010

High Capacity Scale - weighing scale, accurate


As a scale, I give this product 5 stars. It gives me accurate and consistent readings every time. I went with a high capacity scale as I've got size 14 feet that dangle over the sides of most commercial scales giving me inaccurate readings. The large surface area of this scale has made that a non-issue and I've been very please with the product in that regard.





As a body fat analyzer, this product did not live up to my expectations. I was displeased to find this product does not in fact have an Athlete setting for body fat measurements as is claimed in Amazon's description of the product. As a lifelong weightlifter I have always found body fat analyzers very inaccurate due to my increased muscle mass. I thought this product would be able to provide me with accurate body fat measurements by way of having a setting specifically for athletes. Unfortunately that has not been the case as the scale routinely advises me I have approximately 35% body fat which is in direct conflict with caliper & hydrostatic testing that has put me at around 20% body fat.



I was going to knock my review of the scale down to 3 stars over, seemingly, false advertising. I decided not to because I reviewed both the instruction manual and Escali's website and found no claims of this product featuring an athlete setting. Therefore the fault may lie with Amazon's listing of the product and not the product itself.





In summary, a good scale for large individuals. A subpar bodyfat analyzer for anyone with above average levels of muscle mass. Escali High-Capacity Bathroom Scale with Body Fat/Body Water Monitoring (440lb / 200kg)

When I took this scale out of the box I was shocked. I almost didn't purchase this scale because of how stylish the Escali TT200 looked. I did not realize this scale has a glass face, it looks awesome even sitting in my kitchen.



The display is easy to use and I was able to get this unit up and running just by reading one page of the instruction manual. I don't understand why people are complaining about the manual, right when you open it up there are ten steps to guide you through a complete setup. A youngster could do it.



The scale was very accurate and is as solid as a rock. I come from a family where we are all pretty heavy and this scale held us up with ease. You can even stand on it with one foot and it won't budge. It's nice to see the body fat and water readings and they are accurate for the average user. Any body builder would probably get this measured at the doctor or with his/her physical trainer so I wouldn't skip this purchase just because you don't think the fat/water readings will be accurate.



For such a quality product I can't believe the price. It would be foolish of you to pass up this product if you are looking to save a few bucks with something cheap.



Don't worry if you are a heavy person. I thought I weighed over 400 pounds but I ended up being much less then that and with my new workout routine I can't wait to see those numbers drop.



If you seriously think you are over 440 pounds first of all let me say I'm glad you care about your health and are taking the time to look into purchasing a scale. Your best bet would be the Siltec WS-1000L High Capacity Scale, as that will be able to handle anything under 1000 lbs.

When we bought this scale, I chose to believe the many favorable reviews and ignore the negatives (which seemed to be the minority). Having used this scale for about 3 months now, it's time for me to add to add to the negative reviews. When it works, it's great (note that we were not looking for the body fat/water analysis - only a good quality high capacity scale). However, we seen it eat through batteries as some of the other reviewers did (I think in 3 months we've had 4 or 5 sets - I lost track) - we actually have resorted to taking out the batteries when not using it. Also, we have had numerous problems where the scale continually cycles through "setup" mode when you tap it to turn it on - when this happens, you can't weigh yourself. This symptom started out happening infrequently, but now happens most of the time. Today was the last straw - I tried for about 10 minutes to get it out of this mode before I gave up - will buy a new scale today.

I bought this scale after a 10 min search and review of products available at Amazon (lots of them available and my head was spinning).I decided to pass on the big brands (Conair, etc...) products because it seem to me they are all hit am miss (some are god some are really bad...too many choices and not consistent quality and too litle time to read all the reviews and choose a good one). I decided to buy this scale because is made by a company that specializes on scales only and they offer a 5 years warranty on their product so they must be confident in their products.

Compared to my existing scale (a gift from my friends, made by Healthmeter or something like that) this scale is very fast and the measurements are very good (good accuracy both the resolution and repeatibility...yes, I am scientist). I tried many scales in various local stores here in the DFW Metroplex and this scale feels more solid than any other that I've tried in the stores.

The fat measurement are simple to set-up(even a caveman can do it:), just enter male/female, age and higth) and they were were reliable in my case. I am a large frame guy, 5'11" and 190 lbs, and get 18% fat and 60% water every single time I measured myyself for the past few weeks. Still trying to shake loose the 5-10 lbs holiday lbs :) Btw this is teh first time I decided to contribute a litle... so this is my first review ever :) - Weighing Scale - Body Fat - Body Fat Scale - Accurate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


High Capacity Scale - weighing scale, accurate body fat scale High Capacity Scale - weighing scale, accurate