Sunday 3 January 2010

Workout Towel - non-slip, yoga towel


I purchased this towel because I needed an affordable, but absorbent hand towel for hot yoga. I did not want to spend the money on the expensive yogitoes version and decided to give this one a try. It wicks away sweat with ease and dries very quickly. I'm glad I chose this towel over a more expensive brand. Gaiam Small Thirsty Towel

I really love this towel! I use it everyday for hot yoga and it's held up great for months. It stays odor-free. It's large enough to cover the entire face in one wipe, and it's soft and cuddly and a pleasure to wipe with. The color hasn't faded even with frequent washings, and the thick absorbent towel will probably last several more years. There are absolutely no pulls or fraying in the towel at all. It's so strong that sometimes I even use it in place of a strap. Can't go wrong with this one.

This small-size towel is perfect for my Yoga sessions. I can roll it up to support my neck, fold it to cushion an ankle or knee, and place it beyond my mat to keep my hands off the dirty floor during forward bends. It washes and dries well, and it comes in attractive colors. Oh, yes - it doesn't skid around.

I feel weird about this towel. Here's why.



Let me start by saying that I lift weights and do cardio almost every day, and my time at the gym is 3-4 hours, so I sweat A LOT. My normal white hand towel always "fills up" with sweat before I'm done working out, so I decided to try this towel to see if it was any better.



So here's my assessment: It absorbs great. It never "fills up" with sweat. Therefore I never feel that I've used up all the dry spots. It's a great size for the gym. I can easily toss it over my shoulder and move from exercise to exercise without it getting in the way. I can toss it over the hand rail of any cardio machine and it's long enough that it doesn't fall off. The color is cool. It looks good. It dries fast... You'd think that would be more than enough to deserve 5 stars. But it's not.



The reason? Well, it just doesn't feel good when I wipe my skin. It's a little hard to describe, but basically, it doesn't glide smoothly. It's by no means rough or scratchy. It just seems to catch ever so slightly to my skin and I personally don't like how it feels.



Bottom line is that all the other reviews are correct about this item; it is a great towel. But for some reason, I'm sensitive to how this towel feels and I personally don't like it at all. Only one other review here shares my opinion, so if I were you, I'd buy it and try it. If you don't like it, return it. That's what I'm going to do.

This towel is exactly what I was looking for. I needed a small, absorbent towel that I could use while exercising, and I wanted something I could wash with my workout clothes- which are all dark colored. The white towels microfiber towels pick up color easily, and I knew that they would soon turn grey if I tried to wash them with dark clothing.



The towel is a great size for hanging around my neck without being obtrusive, and it can more than handle my workout sweat. I bought one, then bought two more after I received it and tried it out, so I can always have a fresh one.

This towel has a strange texture, but I have gotten used to it. If you can get past the texture, it's a great towel. It absorbs a lot of sweat for its size, and I think the price is really reasonable compared to other yoga towels.

I don't understand the comments of other reviews about the towel leaving "fuzzies" behind on their skin? Perhaps they were using it before washing it for the first time (not sure), but I haven't had any such problems at all. The towel is very soft and absorbant and I've washed it plenty and it keeps it color (not that I care what color my sweat towel is anyway), so I don't understand those comments on here either.

I think this towel does a great job and at a great price!

After reading some of those reviews before buying this towel, I was worried--but I let the majority of the reviews rule and purchased it. I have no idea what the negative comments are all about because that has not been my experience. - Towel - Non-slip - Yoga Towel - Gaiam'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Workout Towel - non-slip, yoga towel gaiam Workout Towel - non-slip, yoga towel