Wednesday 13 January 2010

Rain-x - wiper blades


I have been using Rain-X products for years on my vehicles to help repel rain, snow, etc. I recently bought this Rain-X Repel blades because they seemed new. SO far they work better than expected. Not only do they repel water they reapply the Rain-X every time you use the wipers. The only drawback of this product is the price but if you want worry free windshields in rain and other types of weather the cost is well worth it. I highly recommended it. Rain-X Repel Premium Bracketless Wiper Blade - 19"

This is one of the first wiper blades I have found that actually works great on my 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT. I took the time to clean my windshield, then use the preparation wipe before installing a set of these. I have had them for a few weeks and they are still working great. I live in Pennsylvania, and we have lots of bad weather, lots of salt in the winter, etc. So far, I really recommend these! The price is steep but I think the quality more than makes up for it. Installation for my vehicle took minutes!

These blades started streaking two days after I first installed them. One month later they are so bad that when it is raining heavy, I have to pull over on the road so I can see. I feel really bad I wasted so much money on these. Next time I'm going to try and find another brand. Other blade brands I've bought at a much cheaper price have lasted between 6-12 months.

The product has been preforming very well to date (about 4 weeks so far). It has been tested in rain to varying intensities (and light snow) with my visibility of the road well improved over my previous wiper blades.

I used the Rain X website to install these on my Volkswagen Eos, after the originals started streaking. After reading the instructions carefully and looking over the adapters I can tell you with confidence these simply do not work on a Volkswagen Eos. I saw another review for a Jetta, and the wipers are the same I'm sure.

I'm giving this 1 star because both the Rain X website, and this page said they fit. And they are lying. Looks like I'm off to order the crumby stock ones again.

Works great on driver side, although the 19" on the passenger side does not clear the center of the windshield. In these Wisconsin winters it makes it very hard to see. I contacted rain x to send a new one and they were no help. There goes another 20 buckS....

I would like to start off first by saying that Rain X is a quality product & I use it regularly on our vehicles windows. I was wanting to try this brand of wiper blades on our 2008 VW Jetta and see how they would differ in performance from the factory installed brand from VW. I did check prior to our purchase to make sure they were available for our make and model. After receiving them in the mail my husband & I went about preparing to install them. We consulted our owners manual for blade removal & the directions for installation only to find, after several attempts, even with the included adapters, that it just wasn't going to work no matter what! So, in other words, if you are the proud owner of a 2008 VW Jetta, don't waste your time or money because they DO NOT FIT!! Sadly, I cannot recommend this product. - Wiper Blades'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rain-x - wiper blades wiper blades Rain-x - wiper blades