Tuesday 26 January 2010

Cordless Lawn Tools - black and decker, battery


It is amazing how one becomes accustomed, over time, to less that great performance when one has nothing to compare it to. Two of my six (several years old) old batteries finally gave up the ghost and would not recharge. I use them on a cordless drill, pole-extension type chain saw and pole-extension type trimmer. I finally decided to start replacing them while the design was still available remembering the demise of the B&D Versa-Pack batteries. My batteries arrived very quickly. I had either never experienced or had totally forgotten what my equipment could do on new batteries. The model number was different but they were the batteries used by my tools. It took only one battery to do the job normally requiring two to three of the older ones and I still had the power and torque on my tools to continue on to the next project. They must've upgraded the cells in these new packs.



Were my old batteries ever this good? I just don't remember and don't think so, but I am, none the less, a very happy customer with these new ones. Black & Decker HPB18 18-Volt Slide-Pack Battery

I'm not sure where Amazon gets a $60+ retail price - Home Depot's price for this is $34.97. I'd be better off going to Home Depot to get it and then I get a competitive price AND no shipping. But it is a good product.

I bought the whole B&D outdoor set (trimmer, blower, weedwack) a little over a year ago. It came with 3 of these batteries, which I faithfully kept charged as instructed in the manual. I used the tools less than the average person, yet the batteries already don't hold a charge, despite their claims of "no memory effect". Stay away from this product

I have only used these two batteries once. I charged them for a day and used them in a cordless weedeater. One battery lasted less than 5 minutes, the other less than 10.



I have several Black & Decker 18v tools, and they are useless without adequate batteries.



B&D advertises a longer-use battery but it appears to be unavailable.



I feel cheated by B&D.

I have a Black and Decker string edger and a Black and Decker hedge trimmer that both use this 18 Volt slide in battery pack. My old batteries were only lasting 10 minutes after a charge so I decided to replace them rather than buying new equipment (original batteries were 5 years old). The old batteries are the notorious Nicad type that has memory issues. I had hoped that the new batteries would be NiMh, but no such luck, Nicad batteries once again!! You have to wonder why Black and Decker would continue to use battery technology that everyone else has given up on due to poor performance.



The replacement batteries fit and they do hold a charge after being used three or four times (first charge only lasted 15 minutes instead of the 30 that they should). They are now holding their charge for about 28 minutes of use, so they are working the way they should.



I rated the batteries as a three instead of a five due to the use of NiCad again!!!!

This Black & Decker HPB18 battery is marginally acceptable. I think it is over priced and only lasts for 20 or so minutes--that's why I had to buy this (a second one) one. The original kept running down before I was done with my project. I already had $85.00 invested in the B&D tool so getting another battery as a backup was a cheaper option to buying another entire tool system.

I purchased a Black and Decker combination pack that had the need for more than one battery. I checked several places for an addition battery. It seems that you might as well buy a whole new drill whether than just the needed battery. When I saw the battery on Amazon for the price you charged, I knew that was a good deal and purchased it. Thank you. Richard Andrews

This type battery doesn't hold a charge for a weedcutter. I emailed this company and they responded almost immediately. They even went out of their way to call Black and Decker to find out what the problem was. They have sent a return label for shipping. I recomend doing business with this company. Thanks Jack and Gail!!!!

Shipping was fast. The price was right. I worked on my cellar door and the cordless tools worked good. Drilled through metal to wood and had to cut bracing boards. Got the job done without breaking out the corded tools. I've seen good reviews and bad ones. I'll have to wait with my next project to see if the batteries keep up the good work. - Battery Packs - Black And Decker - Cordless Lawn Tools - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Lawn Tools - black and decker, battery cordless lawn tools Cordless Lawn Tools - black and decker, battery