Monday 21 December 2009

Strength Training - fitness, weights


If you're looking around for some wrist/ankle weights, these are a good choice. Here's what I like the most about them:



-they're adjustable. This is clearly their best feature and saves you having to buy multiple weights of different increments. No need to buy a 1lb weight, then a 2lb weight, and then a 3 as you get stronger on an exercise- with these, you just take out or add what weight you need



-the price is comparable to other cuff weights and a cheap means overall of doing exercises where you need added weight



-they're portable enough that one could throw them in the car when traveling



For me, this is the way to go if you're looking for some cuff weights to go along with your home exercises. A word of caution- while it says "10 lb adjustable weights", that doesn't mean each cuff is 10 lbs- rather each cuff is a made up of five, 1lb cylinders for a total weight of 5 lbs for EACH cuff.



Good for general fitness or home physical therapy exercises, they're a great little product. Also recommend Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow for those looking for a good resource on tennis elbow. Valeo AW10 10-Pound Adjustable Ankle / Wrist Weights

I have also purchased weights called 'The Cuff' & another brand - but they don't compare to the Valeo weights. Not only can you remove individual weight packets from each weight attachment - but the entire design is SUPERIOR: Valeo weights close with a 'D' ring plus velcro straps, so the straps don't stick out (I wore a rubber band around the other designed weights to hold the strap down, lest it catch on something &/or come loose) & the Valeo's are SECURE & SAFE! They stay exactly where I put them around my ankles when I walk through brush, etc. The Valeo's don't twist or loosen, regardless of what I'm doing. I would recommend these over all the just 'wrap around velcro straps' closures, without the 'D' ring design, to everyone considering buying any wrist or ankle weights. Don't waste money on the inferior designs (that actually cost MORE!).

I'm male, 5ft-5in (165cm), 130lbs (60kg). I use these Valeo AW10 weight as ankle weights. I also have similarly designed weights which use cast iron inserts, but for use as ankle weights I prefer these Valeo weights, as the softer inserts are much more comfortable.



When tightened snugly against bare flesh, the 10-lb cast iron ankle weights dig painfully into the top of my foot, and the bones of my ankle. I also wear these Valeo weights "upside-down" so the thick bottom seam doesn't dig into my foot. (Don't worry... the inserts aren't going to "slip out".)



The Valeo AW10 weights fit me snugly enough, but I have them about as tight as they CAN be closed, and the smaller diameter of my ankles is probably similar to an average-sized female, so smaller women may have trouble with them slipping. I don't think anyone smaller than a large male could possibly use these as wrist weights.



Overall, I have been satisfied with the design and construction of these Valeo AW10 Ankle/Wrist weights.

These are terrible...once you take the "weight" out of the pocket, it's virtually impossible to put it back in...the strap broke after i used it twice, and the actual removable weight leaks some disgusting black stuff that got all over my floor...not recommended at all!

I am a cross country runner. In the midst of the season, I decided to get into 5:30 min a mile speed.



In order to do so, I decided on an ankle weight purchase that could help build both strength and stamina.



For my ankle, these are very nice.



---Comfort---



I do not know why people are saying that this is uncomfortable.



Material feels like that of a North Face vest. It feels nice and I feel great jogging with them although



I had to get used to the feeling of extra weight.



---Weight Adjustment---



Adjusting weight is little bit tedious but not as bad as some review points out.



Only thing that bothered me was the strong stickyness of the wrapping belt? which I had a hard time trying to open.



Weights were consisted of sand material, thus, pulling it out and putting it back wasn't that difficult to do.



HOWEVER, I must point out that when you are adjusting weight to 2~4 pounds, you must make sure you positioned it on your ankle so that



it feels balanced. Otherwise, it will feel unbalanced and will move during running in terrains.



---Wrist...---



This is not a wrist weight. You must buy a wrist weight if you want to use it for your wrist.



You could wrap around your wrist, but it will feel awkward.



Also, you cannot have five pound on your wrist because unless your arm is big as body builders, it will not fit in your wrist.



I have a decent sized forearm and four lbs was the maximum weight I was able to tightly fit on my wrist section of forearm.



---Overall Conclusion---



This is a good buy and probably one of the best bang for the buck weights.



Quality feels durable and I felt like I would purchase this product again.



However, I gave it a four star due to poor description (each weight is 5lbs/pair not 10lbs/pair)



and poor usability as a wrist weight.



For ankle weights, this is perfect for any type of trainers, athlete, or regular exercising.

While these weights are okay (and not all that uncomfortable), the write-up and information is very misleading. The weights are billed as 1-5 pound adjustable. There are actually 1/2 pound weight packets and to get 5 pounds you have to wear both belts at one time. Each weight is 2 1/2 pounds max. I was looking for 1-5 pounds for each ankle and this isn't it. If the description had been more accurate, I would have ordered other weights. - Weight Training - Fitness - Weights - Adjustable Ankle Weights'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Strength Training - fitness, weights weights Strength Training - fitness, weights