Monday 21 December 2009

Automotive - mount, cellphone


This mount looks good and probably works great for most phones, but with my just-released Android Incredible the cradle part covers up the power jack on the phone. I could not find a way to use the phone in the cradle with the power cord, and one reason I bought the phone was for the Google navigation software that comes with it. Arkon Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Console Mount for Mobile Phones and Smartphones (Black)

It doesn't extend as far as the droid incredible mount that I had but considering the case I have for my phone and the fact it is a G1 it is probably a good thing it doesn't have the second arm extension.



The cup is great, the arm is sturdy and while it is a universal mount it is pretty low profile.



Love it!

I was quite happy with the product until it completely broke in less than two months of very little use. The temperatures weren't too low or too high so I don't think this is a case where temperature caused the material to fail.

This is a very well-designed car mount for my phone. I use it for my iPhone 4 with an otterbox impact case to mount my phone when using the GPS. A detail I would like to include is that the vice-grip has a maximum width of 3 inches and a minimum of 1 5/8 inches-I wanted to know that before I bought it because I wasn't positive it would fit my particular phone's case. All adjustments can be clamped tightly. The vice-grip has rubber padding which holds the phone securely and ratchets in place securely, being released by an ergonomically placed button on the back.



While I didn't use it, this also comes with a plate with a sticky side that can be attached to your dashboard as a suction surface to attach the mount.



Overall, this is exactly what I was looking for. I was so impressed by how well-designed it was that I thought I would leave a review.

I have tried several different mounts before. I bought this one to see how it worked and just how stable it was. Received mount and tried it. Very easy to put together and apply to windshield. Once in place it stays there. It is very stable. I have used it for my cell and a smaller GPS. I was so pleased I bought 3 more.

I love this product, I use it with my iPhone everyday on the way to and from work (got about an hour commute each way). I use it in dash-mounted style, and the mount piece adhered to my dash very solidly. The suction has fallen off twice, but since that started to happen, I now make sure that if i have to take it off for some reason that I wet the suction cup a little before i put it back on and it stays on there solid. Everything works like it should except there was a pretty important oversight in my opinion and others have also commented on it. The iPhone charger plug does not fit in between the bottom 2 supports. To get around this you can just have the shoulders of the plug sit above the supports and rest on top of them and the holder will still hold your phone decent. But its just awkward and with how prevalent iPhones are in the consumer world, i just think this should have been a standard consideration when designing this product. If it wasn't for that, I would have given it 5 stars. Quick release is great, nice product overall.

I really like this mount. I own a blackberry curve and have it stored in a hard shell case. The mount secures it without a problem. It works great when I use my phone as a navigation device, rotation of mount allows for a perfect view of unit. Strong construction

This mount works very well. A mount specifically built for your phone is nice, but it doesn't allow you to keep the case on. This universal design allows me to easily secure my phone while it's still in the case and connect the micro usb so I can connect to my stereo. The suction cup is very strong and the adjustable points stay secure once tightened. I also like the option of being able to swivel my phone if needed.



I haven't used the supplied dash pad, but hope it will stay on a vertical surface. - Universal - Mount - Windshield Mount - Cellphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automotive - mount, cellphone windshield mount Automotive - mount, cellphone