Monday 21 December 2009

Makita 18v Battery Nimh - makita 18v battery nimh, makita


My old 18V Makita NiMH batteries finally came to the end of their useful lives, as they wouldn't hold a charge (mine were the old 2.2Ah, opposed to the 2.6Ah that's now offered - definite improvement in battery technology). As mentioned by other raters, the batteries will fail over time (the batteries will last about two to three years of regular usage). I did find it very odd that if you purchased the batteries separately, it costs less than purchasing the same batteries in a paired set (Amazon had offered at the time of this review for $106.92 for a set (Makita 194158-6 1834 18-Volt 2.6 Amp Hour NiMH Pod Style Battery, 2 Pack), as opposed to $48.80 each). I found Amazon's pricing for the replacement batteries to amongst the least expensive for these brand new batteries (the free shipping and no sales tax sealed the deal for me). Makita 193159-1 1834 18-Volt 2.6 Amp Hour NiMH Pod-Style Battery

When your 18 volt NIMH battery pack grows tired from too many charges (which invariably all NIMH batteries do), it's time to order some new packs. My old ones wouldn't hold a charge long enough to finish a job, now my new ones do. Makita 18V NIMH packs are great, durable, and charge quickly. Excellent product from a maker of durable pro quality power tools. Also, my order that saved me money through Amazon came within four days and I was up and running in no time. Great service.

The makita line of tools is always at the top of my list when i look for a new tool. I might have to pay a little more up front but they last longer and perform better and that ends up saving me time and makes me more money! Charles Irwin master woodworker and stair installer for titan stairs Las Vegas Nevada.

I am shopping for my 7th (and maybe 8th) Makita 18v 2.6 Ah batteries. I bought a combo pack of circular saw, reciprocating saw, drill, and flashlight seven years ago to replace my 4+ year old DeWalt 14.4v set which was malfunctioning. Since I absolutely had to have a hammerdrill for drilling in block and concrete, I also bought a hammerdrill. Total number of batteries: four and two chargers. The four lasted only four years. I expected more, since the DeWalt NiCd's lasted that long, but I stopped by a Makita reapir shop in Dayton, NJ to have the 18v circular saw shoe plate aligned, and the service guy really sold me on Makita. Bought a two pack of 18v #1834 Makita NiMh batteries and after two years 10 months, one is shot and the other still going, but doesn't hold a charge as well as it used to.



The good news is that every one of the Makita power tools is running strong even after being abused for seven years. I use them hard and sadly have abused them a bit. (dropped the Recip. saw and drill in a lake on two different occasions while installing bulkheads - no problem! I use them in the rain often.)



So I think the batteries deserve only a 3, but the tools are 5+ out of 5.



p.s. My daughter's 9.6v long handle drill is over 12 years old and works perfectly, and the two original NiCd batteries are weaker, but still work.

The price of the Makita 18 volt 2.6 amp battery is a great price, but, the age of the battery is my bigest concern. The last two digets of the serial # is the age of the Makita battery. I would insist on knowing the age of the battery befor placing the orders. How do I get this info. before ordering.

This window shows an 18 volt Makita Battery right down what my original battery looks like. If you click the second image, it shows a packaged 14 volt unit. My real life situation is one step worse. They advertised a slightly used 18 volt unit. their confirmation info indicated a 14 volt unit and the reseller sent me a 12 volt unit. Yo make matters worse the.....how do I get out of this mess and my money back part of this should be put forth immediatly like Tiger Direct or E-bay does rather than imbedding it into info. that takes a coupple of e-mails to get to the resolution.

Never thought that the products purchased online, where really very reliable, but I was certainly wrong. This product is every bit as good as any that has been purchase in the retail stores. A great product and I have used it quite a bit already, easily reacharged and ready to go. - Power Tools - Makita 18v Battery Nimh - Makita - Cordless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Makita 18v Battery Nimh - makita 18v battery nimh, makita makita Makita 18v Battery Nimh - makita 18v battery nimh, makita