Wednesday 9 December 2009

Micro Pinner


I am an experienced finish carpenter & am VERY disappointed with this gun. Don't even think of using this gun to shoot 2" pins in any wood (not even pine). It will leave the nail sticking out every time. The only way it sets the nail is if you push hard while nailing which then leaves a dent in the material and renders the use of a 23ga nail pointless. They had the same problem with their 1" pinners & solved the it with a replacement driver that did fix the problem. I've spoken to other people who also have this gun & they have the same problem from day 1. The Grex is $100 more but well worth it. It effortlessly sinks the nails in! Senco FinishPro 11 23-Gauge Micro Pinner

I have used pinners before that only shoot up too 1 inch pins and loved them for small jobs. Since i bought this pinner i hardly use my brad nailer. The small pins will hold till the glue sets. I have allways had the pins set good, even with the 2 inch pins in hardwood. It is sold to only shoot 1"-2" but i have success with everything down too 3/8".

I do a lot of expensive natural moldings where the heads of fasteners are something needed but not to be seen. This pinner does a great job of securing the pieces during the glue / adhesive set times. The gun has plenty of power to shoot through just about every kind of wood, but as with all pinners, you need to be careful with the longer pins and hardwoods.



I did have a difficult time finding different sized pins when I first purchased it, but since then I've found a few good suppliers out there who stock just about every length.

im a professional carpenter and millwork installer. a 2" pin nailer is essential for an install that needs to be done fast with limited touchups to finish. i've used this senco gun everyday now for about 6 months and have been very happy with results. as stated above, it will occasionally leave head proud durring my compressors cycle but for the most part my customers cant even see where i nailed. this is good. i would have given it 5 stars but as of yesterday, durring a high pressure install, this gun decided to eject the base for the clip and all of the springs that push the brads into place for firing. this gun was far to new that BS.

This makes my fourth Senco nail gun. Took it out of the box and put some nails into wood. Performed flawlessly. I used nails as short as 5/8" even though it claims 1" is the shortest. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a 23 ga micropinner. My other guns are 18 ga brad, 15 ga finish and full round head framing. I am a hobbyist and don't use my nailers for production purposes, however I have never had one jam.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Micro Pinner Micro Pinner Micro Pinner