Wednesday 9 December 2009

Makita Battery - charger, drill


I got this charger to replace a similar (though, not identical) Makita charger. I never knew a charger could simply stop working -- but, mine did. The old charger appeared to be working, but the batteries were not really being charged. The green light would come on, supposedly indicating that the battery was fully charged. If I removed the battery from the charger and replaced it in the charger immediately, the charging light would return to red (indicating that the battery still required charging.) At first, I thought the batteries were "bad". So, I disposed of them and got new batteries. But, new batteries also would not charge. (I even returned new batteries, thinking they were defective.) So, I decided the problem might be the charger. And, yes, it was the charger. It did not "go bad" all of a sudden. It apparently "went bad" gradually. I had no idea that the charger could stop working. It was not dropped or banged around, etc. There was no obvious event that occurred to make the charger stop working. So, Lesson Learned. Chargers apparently can simply stop working. Makita DC1414 Battery Charger

Three out of four old batteries (10 years or so) worked again after laying around unused for three years or so. Cleaned the contacts and conditioned them - a couple quit charging after 5 minutes and drained to nothing right away, then re-charged and was finally able to get at least 50% use out of them. The one new battery I charged worked like a charm. Good value & fast shipping.

This is the one. This charger does all that the product detail says it does. You just plug the charger in, the power light flashes and then you plug in your battery to charge. Status lights inform you of the battery condition. The charger even tells you when to replace your battery. Best deal. (Purchased at Amazon.com)

My old DC9000 charger died sent for this one DC1414 but got DC1804T Which is even better can charge up to 18V. Thank You Red's Supply, Helps me get back to work and got it shipped very fast Thanks again

I needed a replacment charger for my Makita cordelss drill and this does the job. There were other more expensive chargers that maybe had an extra bell or whistle but i only needed to get my batteries charged. For the price, this works.

I bought this charger to replace an old worn out charger. I didn't realize the old charger was bad until bought new battery and wouldn't charge. The lithium ion batteries charge quickly and hold a good solid charge. The older ni cads charge again but obviously don't have the capacity of the lithium ions. This is a great replacement for the original charger and seems to work better (faster) than the original.

I bought this after reading a review that stated it brought his old batteries back to life! I thought this would be worth the try since I have the older drill with Nicd batteries and Nicd charger. The newer charger will charge the old Nicd and the new Nimh. If you buy new batteries you will have to have a charger also to charge them. SO I bought the charger first and it worked! I recharged my old batteries and they seem to work like before. Also, when the Nicd's die I can buy the new Nimh and I have the charger already. Plus the charger is cheaper than 1 Nimh battery. win win!

The condition is listed as "New" for this product. However when I received the charger it was very apparent it was used/refurbished. The charger itself works great. I need a second one but will order it from another seller. - Drill - Charger - Cordless - Chargers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Makita Battery - charger, drill chargers Makita Battery - charger, drill