Thursday 3 December 2009

Grooming Tools


The clamp to reduce the loop for the head is easy to use. Just squeeze and slide. I'm not certain about the comfort of the rubber (at least it feels like rubber) padding around the wire, because it grips a bit too much rather than slide. I'm afraid it'll catch hair or rub the skin excessively. The wire is a bit stiff too compared to the yarn like loop we got with our grooming table. The item does prevent our puppy from sitting down and fits the Maltese profile pretty well. No-Sit Haunch Holder Dog Grooming Restraint Sm Med Dogs

This little device is very practical and well made. It does a great job of keeping my dogs from sitting down. It's well cushioned, so the dogs don't seem to find it uncomfortable. The grooming process is much faster on my strong-willed terriers.

MY 20 LBS MIX IS RESTLESS ON THE GROOMING TABLE AND THIS RESTRAINT WORKS JUST FINE. IT IS A LITTLE CUMBERSOME TO PUT THE DOG INTO BUT ONCE ON PROPERLY THE DOG IS A LOT EASIER TO GROOM ESPECIALLY AROUND THE HYGIENE AREA. ACTUALLY, HE IS EASIER TO GROOM ALMOST ALL AROUND SINCE HE CAN'T KEEP SITTING DOWN DURING THE GROOMING. I'M OVERALL PLEASED WITH THIS PURCHASE.

Very simple construction. Coated steel to protect from being chewed, and padding adds a degree of comfort for the dog. Works a little "stiffly" at first (but this may improve over time in use). Heavy duty clip at top to attach to a grooming arm is nice and sturdy. (I use the No-Sit Haunch DG Restraint with my adjustable height, Therapet Folding Grooming Arm). Ideal for smaller breeds! (Would not fit a large breed around the waist, but it is fine for a maximum weight 20 lb. dog, such as my largest, a poodle.) The dog's head fits through the neck opening and then you widen the back hoop to slip on around the waist that way. The legs, tail and hips of the dog must fit through the back hoop and then the hoop can be made smaller around the waistline by cinching to adjust. (The cinching is the part that works stiffly). My dogs are fairly well-mannered when it comes to grooming so it was no problem, but I felt getting it on my larger dog was mildly clumsy. The newness or stiffness made it awkward to place around my largest (poodle), yet the design is straightforward and once secured on the dog, it works! The dog is unable to sit. Great for my smaller, older dog (a toy poodle) who gets tired of standing. Great instrument to keep dog steady on its feet while doing precision legwork. I take them out of the restraint for body work. My friend, a professional groomer who saw it, said she would love having a No-Sit Haunch Dog Grooming Restraint for some of her hard-to-keep-standing 4-legged clients. I'm glad to have it in my grooming kit despite its initial (stiffness) and awkwardness (which is why I gave it a 4-star rating instead of a 5).

It helps keep the dog stable and restrained, while being easy to adjust during grooming. I have a Schnauzer Mini and it is invaluable during her haircuts. I did not buy the stand. I added a plastic loop to the top, and I hang the Holder from the knob of a cabinet while I trim my Schnauzer on a counter.

This contraption has helped me immensely in grooming my hyper dog!! The only problem I have is that I thought the arm came with it but that was my fault for not reading good. Again, it is invaluable in grooming my dog who the groomer wrote "never again" on his card. Thanks.

Works well to keep dog in place. However, if there is a trick to using it for a very small dog, I have yet to find it. I have a small circular table and the arm reaches up only so high and my little Pom-a-poo can sit down still. So I have to try to hold her up by the back lead to trim her.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Grooming Tools Grooming Tools Grooming Tools