Thursday 24 December 2009

Bike Rack


I got 3 of these to carry our bikes on a 600 mile trip. They are very stable and the bikes did not sway at all (even my big trail bike). It does take some time to get the two bolts clamped down but the racks with the quick clamps are $150+. So for the price and occational use this carrier works great. I would give it a 5 but the clamp that hods the bike on needs better padding as to not scatch the bike (I fixed with some xtream tape). Aluminum Upright Car Roof Mounted Bike Bicycle Rack Carrier Light Weight

I bought two and this thing works! It took me sometime to 'figure out' the installation since the manual is in 'fine print' with hard to read diagrams (I am middle aged in my 40's, guess that didn't help:). Also, I am not so sure about the design of 2nd bot on the arm that holds the bike, why it can't be a quick release clip or something like that instead of a hard to twist nuts within the cap... Each time when I put my bike on the roof, I have to release the Cap of the bot then tighten it up and there are quite some twisting work to that cap. Other than that, the product hold's the bike just fine.

It's interesting that it has started to be rusty after about half a year. Aluminum shouldn't rust, or am I wrong? We put some chemicals on it to stop the rust, it works. The bike rack itself is a good design, it's really comfortable that you don't have to dismount one of the wheels in order to put it on the rack. You can easily mount it on in one piece, just need strong muscles to lift up the bike on top of the car.

I could not get this to fit on my pretty standard roof rack. I unsuccessfully tried to adapt it by buying some larger clamps at the hardware store. I get the feeling this is made in someone's garage. The price is right if you can make it work for you, but if you. It didn't work for me, and the seller graciously agreed to take it back, but I just kept it because it wasn't worth the hassle to send back, especially after I tried to modify it. I would touch base with them before ordering.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bike Rack Bike Rack Bike Rack