Tuesday 8 December 2009

Bicycle Accessories - indoor bike storage, bike storage


Easy to install, shipped quickly, solidly constructed. Attractive and simple bike hanging solution- product does what it claims.



The only reason I didn't give it "5 stars", was because I bought three of them and the two mounting screws were missing from one of them. It wasn't worth complaining about as they were 2 simple wood screws, but a minor annoyance.



FYI: This item is listed all over the internet at 2-3 times Amazon's price! Racor B-1R Solo Vertical Bike Rack

I looked at several similar products before I bought the Racor Solo Bike Racks. The Racor racks from Amazon were the least expensive. The white color of the ones I bought look the most unobtrusive in my apartment. Although the instructions say the racks must be mounted to a wall stud with included hardware, I mounted mine to sheetrock (wallboard) using two large moly bolts for each one. (Do this at your own risk.) My two racks have worked quite well at holding my fairly light road bike and my heavier commuter bike. I docked one star for fit and finish. otherwise, I'm happy.

Works perfectly. Strong. Attractive. But the foam pad on the hook is far from adequate. We installed 10 of these in a bike room, and on the 2nd or third time hanging a bike, the foam is torn on nearly all of them. It makes no sense to use such flimsy foam on an otherwise solid product. I'm going to fit lengths of rubber tubing over the hooks instead.

Great bike rack. Looks nice. I have it holding my mens 17.5" Trek mountain bike. I have it hanging above my cat liter box, so it's important to be high quality and so far it proves to be so. If I could change anything I would ask that the hook that holds the bike be a little bigger, so the gap would be wider to get my tire through the clearance to hang it. Not really a problem at all, it would just be more convenient. It's great to find a bike rack that holds mountain bikes...usually they are only made to fit road bikes. Word of advice....don't use the screws that came with it. Go to the hardware store and buy some expensive high quality wood screws...the kind that screw into the wood with a drill...without needing a pilot hole. It will make it a lot easier to get the screws into the studs. The studs are very dense wood and most screw heads will get stripped.





I took off the foam pad...it lasted about 5 minutes. It's not needed anyways...what matters is that the steel is high quality and will not bend. That is really the only thing that matters.



Update: After a few days, I am bumping this up to 5 stars. Really impressed...the hook has not bent or given in any way.

I have a 27" mountain bike from Target - nothing special - and had my boyfriend install the bike rack in my garage on a stud. I was skeptical at first because it just doesn't look that strong, but it has held just fine for about a month now. It still leaves tire tracks on the wall from the tire not hanging. No big deal if it's in the garage or on another undesireable wall.

The rack is sturdy, works and goes up with two screws. It is an average bike hanger. It would be nice if the rack had a bigger loop so a 29er mountain bike would be easier to hang and the hanger accommodated wide tires. I don't think the padding will last very long either.



Overall, it works well for 26 bikes unless your tires are 2.4 inches or wider. 2.2 inch wide tires are fine. I would not recommend it for 29er mountain bikes.

Works good with my road bike, easy to hook tire, On my Mountain bike its a different story, With a larger tire you have to really angle the wheel to get it to hook the tire and just as hard to get the wheel out. Protects the wheel fairly well.

18 February 2011: Racor B-1R Solo Vertical Bike Rack is designed for installation on walls with wood studs. The instructions are not too bad, but you need to locate wooden studs in you wall or install it on the wooden wall. The main problem is that mounting screws are cheap, strip easily and break-off. You need to buy Two stainless steel screws for this work or use common sheet rock screws, as I end up doing for installation. - Bike Storage - Bicycle Accessories - Cycling - Indoor Bike Storage'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bicycle Accessories - indoor bike storage, bike storage indoor bike storage Bicycle Accessories - indoor bike storage, bike storage