Thursday 17 December 2009

Automatic Stripper - wire stripper, strippers


As others have indicated, these Klein wire strippers are -the- strippers to have. I've used a few others before, but they don't compare with these at all. Klein makes some great tools and there's a reason they're so popular among tradesmen. This product is a shinning example of what makes Klein so great -they're well designed, functional and effective. You can strip wires like nobody's business with these things, they're razor sharp and very nice to hold in your hand. I love the curved handle and the comfortable grips, makes it much easier to use.



Get yourself a pair of these if you're in the market for a wire stripper, you'll be glad you did. Definitely worth every penny. Klein 11055 Klein-Kurve Wire Stripper/Cutter, Blue

I agree with every other reviewer thus far. These are among the best strippers I've ever used. I've used them hundreds of times on the job and they never fail. Very comfortable and easy to use. There is also a pair available for larger gauge wire and they work just as well. A must have for any electrician, or just about anybody remodeling a house.

Look no further for a quality wire stripper. These are SHARP!, strip a variety of wires with little effort and best of all, the curved handle makes them a joy to use as it eliminates hand fatigue. Go to a store and hold a set in your hands and you will now what I mean. I love it when I have an opportunity to use these!!

There's really not much to say about this tool that you can't get from the description. I have owned other wire strippers in the past and I can say that I am glad that I spent the extra money on the Klein. This is a quality tool. It has a spring on the handle for ease of use. There's no wiggle in the joint, and it's very precise. It's comfortable to hold and has a simple locking mechanism to prevent damage when it's in your toolbox.



I would definitely recommend this tool. My dad, a lifetime contractor, recommended it to me and I am not recommending it to you.

My friend who is an electrician uses these. I tried them and thought they were awesome... here's why:



1: Padded rubber grips. If you can keep your fingers off the metal the padded rubber grips make them a safe choice. Also the curved handle make them fit well in my hand.



2. Spring Loaded. I've have cheap wire strippers in the past and they weren't spring loaded meaning when you squeezed them closed, you then had to pry them apart. With these you squeeze, strip, and release... all with one hand.



3. Gauges. The range of wire these strip seems to be perfect for all things around the house... From outlets and switches, to speaker wire, door bell and phone lines.



4. Screw Cutters. there are 2 round holes designes for cuttinf 6/32 and 8/32 screws. These are the screws that anchor the outlet or switch to the electric box in the wall. If you have ever bought thses from the hardware store you've probably noticed that they come pretty long. This make them easy to shorthen and keeps them round for easy screwing...



My Cons:

If I had to pick a couple I would say these aren't perfect for Cat 5 and low voltage wire.

As a professional Union Electrician wire strippers are part of my daily use tools. Klein is my preferred brand... Although, I use other brands. I go through several pairs of strippers a year. I wear them out, abuse, and misuse them. If I could only have 1 pair of strippers in my tool kit it would be these. They are comfortable and and easy to use. Other straight handle strippers tire my hands after repeated use. I use these all day in commercial and industrial applications without hand strain. If you are weekender or professional I recommend these strippers. You will not be disappointed.

As a long time user of the straight, yellow handled Klein strippers I was slow to change for a few dollars more. But, I'm glad I did. If you factor in how long these will potentially last if treated properly, and the $15 price tag it actually feels like...wait for it...Klein might be undercharging.



- The curve on the handle might not look like much, but having used the straight for so long I can report that the extra leverage and ergonomic feel makes a world of difference. Especially on days of heavy use.

- Holes on the sides for bending solid wire, handy during outlet/switch installation.

- The spring between the handles stays on very well, even when stored loosely in the bottom of an overloaded tool bag.

- The handles are tough, and haven't slipped off after over a year of daily use.

- The bolt cutters are a nice bonus. They cover the two sizes you will most commonly find when installing outlets into wall boxes. It is fairly common to need to trim them down for one reason or another.



Some usage tips:

- Never cut anything other than copper wire with these. Steel wire, even very thin, will nick the cutting blade and create a bump that you will feel everytime you use them.

- People who don't like this type of stripper typically make the same common mistake when using them. Holding the wire with their left hand, and attempting to rip the insulation off with only their right. I recommend holding the wire with your left hand, then clamp down on the wire with your right. BUT, use your left thumb (while still gripping the wire with other fingers) to push the tool off of the wire in a straight motion with minimal effort. Reverse for lefties, obviously. Get this down and you will enjoy using these strippers much more, and your stranded wire will not be damaged by pulling the tool off of the wire, under too much force, at an angle.

I was working with some 24 AWG stranded wire and was having a miserable time. Every pair of wire strippers I could dig up would break the wire. I finally gave up and ordered these Klein strippers. I am a huge fan of Klein tools and these wire strippers did not disappoint. What had been a tedious nightmare became a breeze. They just work. As the old adage goes, "the right tool for the job"... and Klein most definitely makes the "right" tools. - Wire Cutters - Wire Stripper - Klein - Strippers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automatic Stripper - wire stripper, strippers wire stripper Automatic Stripper - wire stripper, strippers