Saturday 28 November 2009

Kitchen Radio - kitchen radio, under cabinet radio


I bought this to replace an existing under cabinet CD player (different brand) and am not very happy with it. It has a hollow sound and no controls for bass or treble. Also I thought it had a light like my other one but it doesn't. It is very thin and streamlined and looks good in my kitchen but that's where my positive comments end. Wouldn't recommend this one if you want good sound and adequate controls. GPX Under Cabinet CD Player with AM/FM Stereo Radio (Silver)

Let's face it - this unit is not a Sony. But at $30, it does everything it's supposed to. The cd player, radio, and mp3 input all work fine. Doesn't have a lot of volume but it works well for our kitchen.

Needed CD player for listening to books but the sound is good enough that we are enjoying music as well. It does not turn itself off and it was a job getting the antenna untied but we love it. May never be able to get radio to work. Think we need about 100 ft to get outside our cement house. Time is lighted, a bonus as my new microwave has no battery backup so it vanishes with every power glitch. For the price it is amazing.

I have owned product for a couple of months now and I am happy with it thus far.

Installation instructions are very complete, accurate and easy to follow.



If you are looking for a product that does what it promises for the price, this is what you want.

This has a nice compact design & really does what it is supposed to do- just not very well. Sound quality is not great & radio stations are a bit shakey. It has a nice sized wire antenna, but it didn't seem to work so well for us. We're returning this unit mostly because after a few days of listening to it; we decided we were in the market for a higher quality product. Our old school little boom box has better sound- so we're back to that until we find this same thing- only better. I had anticipated that the sound would not be stellar, given the price- but after a few days, we just couldn't hang in there with this.

My husband took the player right out of the box and followed the instructions to install the unit. From the start, the CD had problems opening and would not play any of our CD's. He called the help hotline and they suggested that he return the product to where he bought it or buy a disc cleaning. The warranty card said not to take defective unit back but to send it to them. It would cost us more money to have the unit shipped back than to keep it. The sound is very boxy and the radio is not digital. It is analog with a digital display. The long wire for the antenna has to be hidden behind other stuff and doesn't pick up radio stations very well. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone. Save your money and buy something else.

Instructions were decent. Installed relatively easily. Sounds ok, you get what you pay for. My girlfriend doesn't care if it is the highest quality sound in the industry, she just wants it in the kitchen. The antenna doesn't pick up stations very well, although I have not run the antenna line out, not sure if I will though it seems to pick up the stations that come in clear on car radio well enough without it.

My husband and I purchased this radio a little over a month ago now and we are happy with the purchase. We had read all these reviews here on Amazon and took them into consideration before purchasing. It is true what most people said, the sound is not that great (it definitely lacks bass) but it doesn't have that airy sound to it either. It is an average sound - nothing special. The radio reception isn't the greatest either. We got in about 60% of the normal radio stations we can pick up in our car. Also, one thing that wasn't mentioned is that you cannot preset any radio stations. They are digital, but are switched with a dial on the side of the radio.



Now to the positives. The best thing about this radio is that fact that you can hook up your mp3 player or in our case, the mp3 players on our phones. We use this feature all the time. It was also easy to install since they give you a template to follow to drill the holes. I personally thinks it looks nice - it isn't an eyesore. It is slim as well.



Granted, this radio does has its downfalls, however the reason I decided to give it 4 stars out of 5 is because it is simple: you get what you pay for. If you are looking for an inexpensive under-the-cabinet radio this one is just fine. If you want awesome sound - obviously this one isn't for you. I would recommend it if you don't want a radio with all the bells and whistles, but something simple to play some music while cooking or eating dinner.

This seemed like the unit I've been wanting with all my required featues. Mounting was pretty easy with the drilling template. Once I got it working, I tested the radio, CD player and MP3 hookup. Everything was great for about 5 minutes and then I started smelling burnt plastic. The CD player crapped out and nothing else worked. I disassembled it so I could save my CD. Components inside are totally low grade. I thought I salvaged it by getting the radio going again but the tuner channels were out of whack. I wish I'd saved my money and gotten a Sony. - Good - Undercabinet Cd-radio - Kitchen Radio - Under Cabinet Radio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kitchen Radio - kitchen radio, under cabinet radio under cabinet radio Kitchen Radio - kitchen radio, under cabinet radio