Friday 6 November 2009

Cold Weather - backpacking, cold weather accessories


I live in Chicago AKA(The Windy City), and for some reason this winter is the worst. I was looking for a Mask combo scarf. I found this one, it is the best thing I have ever used, its way better then a scarf! I bought this and been using it for a couple of days now and I didn't buy it from Amazon but Bert's Ski Shop and they had a good deal so I bought it and also the Seirus Polar Scarf. I recommend this because it really works it keeps me really warm. The person that sad that it fogs up there glasses might not be putting it on tight enough because it doesn't happen to me. I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS COMBO SCARF AND THE SEIRUS POLAR SCARF THERE REALLY COOL AND GOOD. BUY IT Seirus Innovation Neofleece Combo,Black/Black,Large

This mask does not pair well with my glasses, ultimately causing them to "fog up" during outdoor activities (hunting, shoveling snow, skiing, etc). Don't get me wrong, this mask is very comfortable and serves it's purpose well. In fact, I would likely give a five star rating if I didn't wear glasses. Side note: This mask is velcro adjustable, although you want to get the right size. I would recommend a Medium if your fitted hat size is less than 7, and a Large if 7 and over. A medium is pretty small so I couldn't imagine an adult needing anything smaller.

This garment is a "Must Have" item for cold, windy weather. I purchased the Neofleece for an extended trip to the interior region of Alaska. The temps are as low as -30 degrees below zero. I have felt NO cold on my face. I can breathe easily. It is so light-weight.The Neofleece fits well under my hat and hood. It covers my neck, so there is no air seepage at the top of the zipper on my jakcet.Seirus Innovation Neofleece Combo It is just Great!!!

I really like this face mask/scarf. I have started bicycle commuting year round and this mask is perfect for what I'm using it for. I have asthma so the dry air of winter can get to me sometimes, but the mouth covering is perfectly vented so as to let moisture build up which really helps. The nose hole fits perfectly and allows plenty of breathing room.



I would recommend you get the largest size you think will fit you, because you can make it as tight as necessary. I've been using this since October (it's now January) and I have had no issues with it so far.

I was looking for a replacement for my bandana for when i go snowboarding... this is way better, black and black also looks better then with the gray,i also didnt know it unstraped in the back for a better fit... dad has the full head one, this one is just as good with a hat. idk what this other kids talking about fogging up... its got a hole for your nose un-like a bandana, and if your whereing goggle to the park it works fine... buy this ^^^^

I bought three of these for downhill skiing ... XL for my husband, M for me, XS for my 3 year old. Everything fits well, although the XS is still a bit big for the little guy. He doesn't like it covering his nose, but when he's a bit older he'll appreciate it on the colder days. Mine and my husband's fit well and they're very comfortable under ski goggles. I find the vent holes over the mouth can be kind of cold, so on the coldest days I still use my old balaclava underneath to cover my mouth. These work well either way because they velcro together behind your head - Easy to put on and remove without having to take off your helmet. The neck fleece part could be a little longer all around. All-in-all, very comfortable and effective.

wore it all winter long! Protects Ears, Nose, face, mouth and neck from the cold crappy air while riding a bike. Fits well under helmets (clipping under chin isn't uncomfortable)



I might get another one just for kicks!

Great product. Fully functional for cold winter hikes. A slightly longer neck on the rear and slightly higher arch away from the front would have been nice for further protection from the cold but I am satisfied. - Camping - Balaclava - Cold Weather Accessories - Backpacking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cold Weather - backpacking, cold weather accessories cold weather accessories Cold Weather - backpacking, cold weather accessories