Saturday 10 October 2009

Weight Management - weighing scale, accurate


I wanted a simple scale, no batteries, that could hold up 350 lbs.

This one does just that. It seems accurate to me. Good dial size since my vision isn't great. It isn't tiny so if you are a large guy you will feel comfortable on it. Thinner Scale by Conair TH100 Extra Large Dial Analog Precision Scale, Black and Silver

This is the way products used to be. No flash. No complication. Same result every time. Sensitive to a pound or two difference. Performance not critical to position on platform. Temperature differences require a minor centering of the needle before weighing, using a small wheel at the base of the scale. Checked within a couple of tenths of a pound with an accurate digital scale I have. Solid product. Unbelievable price. I considered it accurate enough to use for weight and balance calculations on my homebuilt airplane.

I am a fitness nut, hit the gym 5 to 6 times a week and watch what I eat and monitor my weight. I have had more expensive scales. However, this scale IS accurate and consistent so I am surprised at some comments saying otherwise. I am pleased, for the price you can't beat this scale, seriously. I am updating this review, have had this scale for over a year. STILL right on target regarding being consistent and accurate. A very good investment for my health, works like a charm.

This is a basic and attractive bathroom scale. I have another scale that is upside down in my bathroom. "Why is it upside down?" you ask. Because it doesn't work, and I've been trying to troubleshoot why it's not working. It has all the bells and whistles, fat monitor and digital readout, but unfortunately it is impossible to get to work and it requires batteries.



That's why I am so pleased with this scale. I simply step on it and it tells me what I weigh. I am not sure if it's precise down to the nth digit. It's difficult to read down to the pound because of the small iterations between the pound marks. I am just looking at my weight to see if I am up or down a couple of pounds, and this scale does precisely that. Plus, it's really nice looking. 4 stars for looks and ease of use. Minus 1 star for not knowing your weight down to the nth level.

Very reliable and sturdy product. I always prefer analog read out over digital; I don't have to worry about replacing batteries. A unique feature is: the scale platform is wide enough to weigh your luggage before you arrive at the airport.



I definitely highly recommend this product as a FIVE STAR.



Thank you Amazon.com for providing such excellent services (also a FIVE STAR).



Michael Copeland

I am disappointed with my new scale. It is difficult to set the needle to zero, it wants to go to one side or the other, it has to be reset after each use, and worse, it is reading 10 pounds light. I would not recommend it to any other buyer.

I had not owned a weighing scale for a long time. Not so long ago I stepped on a 280 lb scale in a store, and was rather surpised at where the needle ended up, and that was an analog with the needle not set correctly at zero.



So I decided to lose weight, and buy a scale to monitor my progress. I decided not to go digital but analog, and bought this particular scale in a department store. When I checked later the Amazon price was $10 cheaper.



I love this scale. It's strong and sturdy, and wide enough that you can stand comfortably. The clock face is big enough to read clearly, and the weight goes all the way up to 340. The pinwheel for adjusting to zero is big enough that you can use your big toe to adjust it if you so choose.



I bought this scale because it reminded me of the one in the gym from years ago, it's very similar to the Salter 200 Academy Professional Mechanical Scale, White and Gray in look and design although that one is much more expensive.



I have lost about 11 pounds in two months, and satisfied with its level of accuracy.

So, if you cannot wait to lose weight any longer, and you want to go old school go ahead and get it.



I hope this was helpful.

Maybe I got a lemom but I tried this scale for a week, weighing on a Dr's scale and other scales. This Conair scale was always from 5 to 8 pound too light. Makes you feel good but not accurate! I like the size and design of the scale and sorry it didn't work because I wanted an analog scale but ....it wasn't accurate. - Mechanical Scales - Weight - Accurate - Weighing Scale'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weight Management - weighing scale, accurate weight Weight Management - weighing scale, accurate