Saturday 10 October 2009

Dematting Tools - grooming tools, dematting tools


This undercoat rake is well-constructed and works well. I bought this for a fluffy cat, so my only wish for improvement is that there be a cat-sized one made.I tried the 'furminator' for $25-30 and it was awful. This is much better priced and works a great deal better.



The rotating teeth more easily through my cat's thick undercoat. It has some weight to it, so at least for a cat (and I'd think small dog) you have to be aware of the weight and not comb too hard. The teeth rattle when you use it, but my cat doesn't seem to mind at all. She loves being brushed by it (and ran away from the furminator). This is the only rake I have found works to remove the excess in her downy undercoat. Evolution W6110 Grooming Undercoat Rake with Rotating Teeth, Double Row

A professional dog trainer recommended this item to us, said it was a must-have. Well I have used this "rake" a few times now and I'm amazed each time I use it because it grabs SO MUCH hair! My german shepherd doesn't mind it either, the rake is very gentle; the key is to NOT press down and scrape at their skin, just gently pull it along thru the hair and it does what it says it will... grabs the undercoat and holds it till you remove it from the rake. It does not tangle or snag the hair in the tines. it's super-easy to comb with and remove hair from the rake. Definitely worth the money.

This is my second brush in two years... each time, after 12 months of frequent use (I have two large black labs) the handle just snaps off at the narrowest point under the diagonal rubber thumb rest and no I do not believe I am pressing too hard, I believe the material must get brittle with age/use/temperatures or something.



Removes hair very well... better than any other brush I have tried... and I have tried many, but kinda tiresome to have to buy a new one every 12 months.



Update 1/18/2010... I did break down and purchase another one (via amazon.com) because I just like it that much better than the other brushes we already had.

I have been trying for years to find a good grooming regimen for my Golden Retriever mix, who has a very thick double coat. This tool, combined with the Safari Large Self Cleaning Slicker Brush does the trick. I start with and run through with the rake to loosen the hair and then finish with this slicker brush.



So far the rake has held up well. Easy to hold and very kind to the dog. Beats the Furminator for really thick coats, and for the price I could buy at least two of these.



Would highly recommend to anyone who has a double coated breed, especially those with very thick coats. After using this tool with the slicker I had enough hair to make another small dog.

We love this brush and so does our Golden Retriever. He never allowed us to brush his tail before, but now he can't get enough of this brush. We like that this brush gently takes out the undercoat on our dog's legs and tail. And it looks like we actually had him groomed when we just brushed him for a few minutes. We used to be embarrassed walking him around the neighborhood because the previous brush we used just pulled his hair and didn't really groom his coat. Now he's the best looking Golden Retriever in the neighborhood! Thanks to everyone for your prior reviews. They really did help with our selection.

My poor Sheltie has been so abused when I tried to comb or brush him.



After getting this product, I was actually able to line-brush him for the first time. No screams or groans or attempts to run away.



I still don't quite grasp how it works but those rotating pins do not pull the hair like a regular rake or comb.



I highly recommend this product to anyone with a double-coated dog.

I really hesitated to order this because of the expense, but it seems to work very well. It is quite a weighty substantial tool and works great on our little Japanese Chin which sheds everywhere. Now I can confidently carry him around without getting hairs all over my clothes. Thank you.

Bought last week from amazon and got it this week. Since I just had my American Eskimo groomed last Sun, she doesn't ave much dead undercoat as before, I was still able to pull out a small amount of hair by lightly brushing on her coat. It ias advertised, does NOT pull her hair. She hates the furminator especially on her fur pants (hind legs) where she has the most shedding of hair, but with this one, she hardly notice I was doign anything and do not move so much.

Also the price at amazon is very very nice. I have seen in pet stores, similar product, not with rotating pins, single row rake for $23!! So this is a good buy, worth the price and get the hair out. I am hoping to enjoy all my black clothes with less of the white doggie hair on them from now on.

This is a very high-quality device and the only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that I think the description should be better. I wish I had this when I needed to comb out my horse's mane!



Do not think you can use this on a kitty ... - Dematting Tools - Grooming Tools - Deshedding - Shedding'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dematting Tools - grooming tools, dematting tools dematting tools Dematting Tools - grooming tools, dematting tools