Tuesday 20 October 2009

Sweatpants - sweatpants


Take a look at these in a store before buying them, and be sure they are what you want. They are very sheer, and very lightweight fabric, not at all what I normally think of as "jersey" material (which is traditionally more robust than this). Had I known they were so flimsy, I wouldn't have purchased them. My mistake. Russell Athletic Men's Cotton Performance Elastic Bottom Jersey Pant, Navy, Large

I wear these pants 4 times a week to Kung Fu class. I give them quite a workout, and they still look and feel new. They are comfortable and just the right thickness for my liking. They are loose enough for me to have full movements and yet tight enough to not get in my way when twisting or jumping.

I like these type of pants because I have a very short inseam and with the ankle elastic (which is NOT constricting in any way) I don't have to worry about how long they'll be. I found the sizing to run large, so in the future I will order one size smaller. I previously bought Champion brand and they are a thicker material and seem a little more substancial. The Russell brand are of a thinner jersey knit which is better suited to summer wear. I wear this type of pant year around for the comfort. They are roomy, have side pockets and elastic at the waist and ankles, and look neat if you have to run an errand or go to the doctor's office.

The polyester athletic pants that I have tried were too hot for my use. The 100% cotton Russell athletic pants are just right. They give me a little warmth when I need something on my legs while exercising, but I do not become overheated.

I did not believe another reviewer who said that these sweat pants were made with really THIN fabric. I thought he must be mistaken - or just disgruntled somehow. But he was correct. The fabric these sweat pants are made from is VERY THIN - kind of like wearing dress slacks with an elastic waist. Who at Russel came up with this idea? Not the sort of sweat pants I've ever seen or worn before. Not comfortable. "Russell Athletic Men's Cotton Performance Elastic Bottom Jersey Pant" BUYER BEWARE!!!

These are not too "sheer" as one person put it. They are lightweight and very comfortable. They are advertised as mens but women can wear them too. I buy them because the elastic in the legs keeps you from walking on them which is a plus for short people like myself. :) Also, womens tend to not have pockets, so I buy mens (which almost always have pockets) instead. I also buy them for male relatives and they love them too. No downside to these. If you want something for winter, outdoor activities you may want to go with something a little thicker. Otherwise,these are perfect for just about everything. I especially love them for "around the house" wear. - Sweatpants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sweatpants - sweatpants sweatpants Sweatpants - sweatpants