Tuesday 20 October 2009

Rugged - rugged


Converted this into a mash tun to use in the brewing of beer. It's been used to hold boiling or hot water and has held up well. Slight warping from the heat but not very much. I find it loses around 3-5 degrees F for a one hour mash. It's a little on the small side but big enough. Water Cooler, 5-Gallon, Recessed Spigot, Crack Resistant, 12-1/2"x19", Orange RBH1685ORG

I purchased three Rubbermaid 5 gallon water coolers for use with our running group. We use them every weekend and haul them all over the place filled with water and/or sports drink. My only complaint is the lids will leak even if they are screwed down correctly and tight if they fall over. If you don't put the lids on right, they will also leak while hauling them about as the liquid splashes inside the container. The lids sometimes take a time or two to screw on correctly as the threads don't always line up correctly the first time. Insulation is ok, about what you'd expect from a cooler like this. All in all, very pleased with the product as it has held up well over the last year of being hauled all over the place. One last thought, make sure you unscrew the lid slightly when you're ready to use as it will sometimes create a vacuum which will keep the spigot from flowing.

We use these water coolers to provide water areas on the outside fields. They're easy to clean, and are sturdy enough to handle tons of day camp kids and staff. I've bought these for years, and will continue to do so if one breaks (Usually caused by someone knocking off the dispenser in front).

I simply love the fact that if this cooler gets dumped out of the truck or boat or off the porch, that nothing spills out. The screw-top lid is the most secure of all.



But the problem is with the spigot design. When the rubber "cover" gives out, you've got a leaker. What a bone-head design. I'm going to seal up the spigot hole as I don't use this cooler for water anymore. It was used for that for a couple of years, then became my camping/fishing/truck cooler. Now it is side-lined until I repair (permanently) the leak.



I'll buy Igloo the next time i want one of these type coolers-especially if I want to depend on it as a water cooler. But also note that I'm very hard on coolers.

Very durable construction. Just like I remember as a kid at soccer games this cooler will be for my kids to drink out of at their soccer games. The spout is so easy to operate my 5 year old can use it. Will probably buy some more of these for camping.

This is a very big water cooler that is handy to have around for gatherings and outdoor events. I fill it with ice tea for BBQ's in my backyard and have gotten a lot of good use out of it. Build quality is excellent and construction is sturdy. A grown adult can even sit on this with no problem. It's a nice, attractive bright orange color that's fun to look at and easy to spot. The side has a cup holder, but I never use it as it's clumsy to keep attached.



The spigot is easy to push and automatically shuts off when its released. It enables one-handed operation: use your fingers to grip the cup and your thumb to push the spigot, important when you're trying to juggle several things at once. The spigot does not leak or drip. Because the spigot is positioned low on the unit, you do have to place the cooler on the edge of a table or other raised surface so you can get a cup under it. Gravity draws liquid out.



I'm very satisfied with this cooler.

I bought this cooler at Wal-mart a day ago with the purpose of having my neighbor fill it with filtered ionized kangen water. To my dismay the spigot is poorly designed and slowly drips out. I walked into my kitchen for a glass of water and ended up with a big headache, water was all over the kitchen!!! Maybe I just got a defective product but judging from another reviewer with a similar problem it seems like a reoccuring problem. I will never buy another Coleman cooler again... - Rugged'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rugged - rugged rugged Rugged - rugged