Saturday 24 October 2009

Phillips Ii Plus


I bought a small box of these Phillip II Plus to use in replacing a section of deck flooring. I also had another type of screw left over from another project. I was amazed at such ease of starting the Phillip Plus after fumbling and fussing with the other type that just didn't want to take hold, (and then at times went in crooked). But, that's not all. After starting the Phillips Plus, it pulled itself right into the work w/o any effort. I thought it was a fluke until the next, and one after another did the same thing. My work began picking up speed immediately. Because of the ease of starting there was no wobbling and ending up with an angled screwhead sticking out of the wood. Except for an occasional screw, which could have been my fault, they made beautiful work. 5# 9 x 2" Tan Exterior Screws

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


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Phillips Ii Plus Phillips Ii Plus Phillips Ii Plus