Saturday 24 October 2009

Mens Dress Socks - socks, over-the-calf


Okay. If you're considering over-the-calf socks, it's probably because you are like me and don't like your shin showing when you cross your leg wearing dress pants. A valid concern.



You should know, if you don't already, that OTC socks create extra friction at the calf muscle, which prevents your pants from draping correctly and tends to cause static buildup.



These "aquafx" socks are made from a material that, while it does wick away sweat more effectively than standard Gold Toe socks, is less sheer than standard Gold Toe socks, which means -even more- fricton. With these, my shins don't show, but I have to adjust my pants below the knee every time I stand up or sit down. Is it worth it? Still deciding. Gold Toe Men's ADC Aquafx Jersey Over the Calf Dress Sock, 10-13 Black

These socks feel great and look great. Not being a fan of men's socks that look opaque, I was concerned that they would be too thin, but I was presently proven wrong once I started wearing them. I took off one star since I think they are priced at least $3 too much.

I bought these to run my order up for free shipping. The choice was pay $5 for shipping or $7.50 for socks and get free shipping. I thought they were a bit expensive. I used to buy Hue OTC (over the calf) socks but they have stopped making them! When I received these socks and saw the quality I was impressed. They are very comfortable. They are worth the price. I just wish they would bundle them in packs to give a quantity discount, but I will spring for these again...

I've been on the unending search for Over-the-Calf (OTC) socks for years and was thrilled when I found these on Amazon. Since it was close to Christmas, I put them on my wish list and received two pairs. The socks were everything I wanted - extremely comfortable, attractive, AND (my holy grail) they stayed up all through a 14-hour work day!



After a single trip through the laundry, though, both pairs shrunk by more than 4 inches. Instead of being almost to the knee, they were below my calf. Of course, they now don't make it through my first meeting of the day without sagging.



I went to Amazon and bought a single pair from my wish list to confirm I had the right thing (couldn't tell my mother-in-law that the gift she had given was a bust). The new socks, too, were heaven for the first wearing. One wash, and the same results - no longer long enough nor would they stay up.



I do have decidedly hairless legs, so have a lot of trouble finding socks that won't droop. These were perfect, however, until they went through the wash and lost more than 25% of their length. If they need more special treatment than panty hose, they are certainly not what I need. I can't endorse such a product and must restart my years-long OTC search.

I am very happy with these socks. They are "over the calf" and I like that. They function fine in the business world.



They are "stretchier" than the normal Gold Toe. Again, I like that.

I would recommend them. They are somewhat "pricey" at $10, but I usually wait for a Gold Toe 25% off sale.

Yes, another rave review for these socks. How can it be so hard to find over-the-calf socks in the US? Well, not just the US... I even had trouble while living in Indonesia--one of the world's textile capitals!



But enough of that. These are really, really good socks. I bought 3 pairs 10 months ago, and I'm strongly tempted to buy a few more pairs. I even bought their over-the-calf white tube socks, and I like those, too!



As others have mentioned, these are not super-slick or super-sheer, so you may get some clinging depending on the pants you wear. This is not an issue for me. They are a nice, comfortable, medium-thick, dress- or business-casual sock with a good reinforced toe.

I've worn Gold Toe socks by choice for a long time but these are the best I've found yet. They provide some support for long days on your feet and some cushion when you do a lot of walking. They also wash well and don't seem to stretch or get out of shape.

Like these socks the best of all ordered from Amazon. They have one grave weakness. The heels acquire holes all to rapidly, sometimes after 5-6 wearings and washings. The heels need to be reinforced like the toes. This would then be an excellent sock. - Mens Dress Socks - Over-the-calf - Socks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mens Dress Socks - socks, over-the-calf socks Mens Dress Socks - socks, over-the-calf