Saturday 24 October 2009

Latitude Battery - dell, d630


I purchased this battery through one of Amazon's third party sellers. In less than two months it was completely dead. Amazon instructed me to contact the manufacturer, a company in CA called Dek-Cell. However, their customer service department refused to issue a refund because the battery was not purchased directly from them. The "seller"-- Sound Around-- does not list any contact info on its profile. So, in light of the battery's dodgy performance and the manufacturer's unwillingness to take responsibility for its defective product, I strongly urge Amazon shoppers to avoid purchasing this product. Brand New Replacement Li-ion battery Dell Latitude D620 D630 Series Laptops

Perfect replacement. Just a couple of clicks and I was up and running. I've had it for quite a few months now and it seems like its holding charge very well still.



14 months after purchase:

Battery is done for! Only holds charge for about 15 minutes. It did last me just about as long as one of Dell's batteries though. If you're looking for a fix, this product will definitely do it. Just try to use your charger when you can and i'm sure thats easier on the battery. All in all, I think buying a cheap replacement like this is worth saving money on dell's prices.

Got this AND a secondary bay battery for my latitude D630, for less than half the price of the Dell OEM battery. When using these TWO new secondary market non-OEM batteries together, I get 5 or 6 hours (but without use of DVD in the secondary bay). This battery alone gives over 4 hours of use. Been using it a month or so without any problems or deterioration in life. Maybe it will lose holding power in a year (like my Dell OEM battery)...if it does, I'll get it recycled (don't throw away batteries! Bad for the environment!) and get another one of THESE batteries. I'll pay $30 or $40 per year for a new battery...but don't want to pay Dell $120 per year for the same thing!

This battery arrived on time and fit perfectly the first time into my Latitude D630. I choose the generic battery option after seeing Dell was charging 3 times the price for a replacement battery. Even though it fit perfectly you get what you pay for. Ironically this battery seems to have 1/3 the capacity of my stock Dell battery that came with my laptop. It works great as a backup power source for brownouts and power outages, but don't plan on extended battery life. I get about 2 hours of battery life while running menial tasks.



Conclusion: You may need to buy 2 of these to get any long term power away from an outlet, but it would still be cheaper than buying 1 new battery direct from Dell. If you want extended battery power and don't want to lug around an extra battery then buy a good one from Dell the first time. Personally I'm satisfied since I'm usually connected to a/c power and this just protects my work from a sudden loss of power.

As you will have to buy a new battery once a year, you may as well save some money by buying this brand. The battery is compatible with my Latitude D630. Osprey Talon gave me what I believe to be a good deal on both the new battery and the replacement cord. No complaints yet!

I received this battery on time with no delays in shipping. I installed it in my Dell 620 and charged it.

The battery performed as advertized However; I did notice It weighed less than the original. Perhaps there are fewer cells in it than the original battery or it's made from cheaper materials only time will tell if it will last the full 2 years or so. Note :



Update. The battery Lastes for about an Hour before it shuts down. The recharge went OK so Far so good. - Dell Battery - Laptop Batteries - Dell - D630'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Latitude Battery - dell, d630 dell Latitude Battery - dell, d630