Tuesday 6 October 2009

packing tape - packing tape


I bought this tape mostly for packaging small item's I sell online - mostly dvds - and it's a great value for such applications. This tape isn't designed for sealing up heavy boxes of electronics, glassware, etc; even lightweight, non-fragile items like clothes, if packed tightly in a huge moving box would be better sealed with a stronger tape, which usually comes in shorter rolls, since the tape is so much thicker. If that's what you need tape for, buying the very cheapest, longest length tape you can find, probably isn't the best idea.



Even double or triple taping a heavy box isn't going to be as safe as using a stronger tape that's either thicker or reinforced with fiberglass or material strands. It's about using the right tool for the job and this tool was made especially for small, lightweight packaging. I've used it for larger, medium weight boxes too - like shipping a dvd player or some item under 20 lbs - without reservations as to how well it would hold up, but I wouldn't even consider it for sealing a big box full of dishes during a move, or shipping a 50 pound surround sound receiver that cost 1k or more to replace.



Like I said, this tape is ideal for my primary application, which is shipping dvds, whether in a cardboard box or bubble mailer. In fact, I trust the tape more than I do the self-sealing sticky strips on most bubble mailers or priority mail flat-rate boxes. This tape is actually better than the last pack of similarly priced Scotch brand tape I bought; at least the adhesive is stronger, though it's about just as flimsy, which is fine if you have the proper dispencer, but can be wasteful, not to mention aggravating, if just using your hands and a pair of scissors. While expectedly flimsy considering it's thinness, it's not as fragile as some generic, non-name brands I've tried in the past. This is USPS approved packaging tape.



While this tape isn't marketed as being crystal clear, it's transparent enough to cover shipping labels without obscuring the shipping details (address, postal barcode, etc); at only one or two layers thick, the tape still looks almost perfectly clear and also appears clearer than the Scotch brand I bought last time. LePage's USPS All Purpose Packaging Tape, 2 inches x 110 yards , 6 Pack (82302)

I own a business and have been packing boxes for over 12 years, This stuff is crap, You cannot even get it off the roll without it splitting all apart. Worthless in my opinion no matter how inexpensive it might seem.

Have purchased these before but find that the quality has fallen. If you aren't careful, when you peel the tape, it will split down the center and you've wasted tape - ugh! Overall, though, once you've gotten it peeled, it holds great.

I bought this tape for a cross-country move. It is not terribly sticky, and so thin that I have had to use 2-3 times as much as I would have with good-quality tape. The extra time and layers mean that this tape is no bargain at all. Being so thin, it also tends top fold sideways on itself. Cannot recommend it!

I bought this for shipping small to medium boxes and it did not disappoint. Shipping tape keeps going up in cost and when I saw this tape as a lightening offer, I thought I'd try it. I was a little worried when I read someone mentioned an odor with this product because I am very sensitive to odors. At first I noticed nothing, but after a while I did notice it has a smell, but it was very slight. The tape itself was easy to work with and never got stuck to itself. I would order this again.

This product is exactly as described. It is definitely low to medium grade quality, but it is listed as that so there were no surprises. The packing tape does what it's supposed to do. I have no complaints. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a reliable, cost-effective packing tape for everyday use. A+++

This tape was a good deal for me because you get alotta taper and i use alot,its pretty thin but it does say light duty and for what i use it to ship it works fine ,for taping lables on shipping poly bags it will last me awhile. However the only this i dont like about the tape is... I got it thinking i would go find any dispenser to fit a 2" tape roll and in the long run save money instead of getting less rolls with a holder..this tape say its 2" tape but if y zoom in which i didnt its 1.89" so when i was looking for a tape roll it wasnt easyer to find!, i did find one that came with tape but its a crappy dispender, but i think a 2" dispender may work but i didnt try one..Far as tape goes you kinda do need a good dispenser it tends to be hard to lift up off roll once let go without taring it usually,it is light weight ,a dispenser to hold it in place or if you just folded it over would save you tape and time ive wasted alot because it splits - Packing Tape'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


packing tape - packing tape packing tape packing tape - packing tape