Sunday 18 October 2009

Leather Banded


Bought this a few weeks ago and I'm mostly pleased with it. My one complaint is with the second hand sweep. Not as smooth as I hoped. My dad has a Rolex that cost him the same as this watch's list price (nominally $8000 as Amazon helpfully advertises) and the second sweep is flawless. Smooth as butter. Not so with the RS2.

I also note that Tag Heuer's very own Calibre 36 has a movement that is much smoother and aesthetically pleasing.

This snotty and admittedly petty expostulation aside, the watch is a very attractive time piece and keeps great time. Be warned that despite the titanium carbide coating, it is a very flashy watch and not as muted or understated as it may seem over the web. TAG Heuer Men's CAV518B.FC6237 Grand Carrera Automatic Chronograph Watch

I saw this watch on Amazon couple months ago and really like the black and red color combination. However, I just can't see myself buying a $5k watch without ever trying it on, especially on paper it is bigger than any watch I ever worn.



So I went to a department store but they only have a similar one but in stainless steel. Even the sales associate told me the watch is too big for my skinny wrist :( Oh well, but then I tried the titanium version last month and I know I HAVE to HAVE it. I am so glad Amazon has the one day shipping for free cause I would have just pay the extra just to have it on my hand ASAP!!!



Now I am a proud owner of this watch and absolutely love it! The black and red color combination really stands out and the weight is just right and feel very comfortable on my wrist.



It loses about 2 seconds a day but it is quite acceptable for an automatic watch. The glass has a little bit of a blue hue to it and the silver hour indicators give the watch a little bit of bling bling (that's what she said).

I finally did it.



Just an awesome watch. The only thing I don't like about it, is that if you don't wear it, it doesn't keep time for long. You will never have to buy a battery but you will need to get an automatic movement case to keep current time when not wearing it. Unless, you plan to wear it everyday.



This is the Ferrari of watches in my opinion.

This watch is hands down one of my personal favorite watches. The watch is very comfortable and the large face is very noticeable. I highly recommend this watch to anybody. I wish I had got it on amazon because I could have saved me a couple hundred dollars.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Leather Banded Leather Banded Leather Banded