Sunday 18 October 2009

Airsoft Guns - airsoft guns, gas


I received this product about a week after I ordered it. The package it came in was, unfortunately, soaked with silicone oil. Apparently the little plastic bottle it came in had sprung a leak. After cleaning off the excess oil, I found that I had only half a bottle of silicone oil left - but i'm not complaining. The propane adapter itself is plastic, an extremely hard/stiff plastic at that, but still plastic. I recommend gentle handling with this product. After delicately screwing the adapter onto a Worthington Pro-Grade, blue propane tank from a local Lowes, I tested it out with my gas blowback pistol. The propane adapter worked perfectly, though when you're finished charging the magazine, pull it away from the adapter/propane tank slowly. If you yank it away suddenly/quickly, you'll have a magazine (and hand for that matter) soaked in silicone oil and smelling of propane. Refilling silicone oil into the adapter is simple - screw off the top portion of the adapter, and dispense one or two drops of silicone oil into the top about ever 5-8 magazine fills.

Overall, I had no problems with the product except for the leaking of silicone oil into the package i received it in. It simply does what it is made for, and if you don't abuse it, It should last you a while and save you some money. If you don't care too much for being gentle with it or cleaning silicone oil off of it, I might recommend a metal propane adapter without oil included for a little bit more money. Sapien Arms Airsoft Propane to Green Gas Adaptor with Silicon Oil

Have gone through 3 Dicks sporting goods propane tanks and 1 walmart tank.



(TIP) when filling---- turn your tank to where the nozzle is pointing the ground and fill it up until it starts to let a little more burst of propane out/ starts spraying out alot of liquid propane. Be careful it will freeze your skin and if you are shooting alot the tip of the adapter will freeze/ no problem because its hard plastic. Put it in as straight as you can, do not wiggle it or it will break....





(Storage)

Some times tanks will stick causing them to leak slowly so unscrew the SA adapter a little if leaving sit or you will come back to an empty tank. Ive had it happen, coming home to the smell of propane is less then enjoyable

Updated review. I bashed it earlier for not being able to seal to any propane bottles I could find locally.



Well, upon closer examination, on my unit, the stem that fits into the propane bottle's valve is a bit deformed near the end. Poor quality molding, I presume.



But, I found that if I remove the o-ring from the male threaded portion and insert it into the base of the cap, it allows the stem to push just a bit further into the bottle's valve. Used this way, it has sealed tightly to all the bottles I have tried.



I probably still wouldn't recommend purchasing this unit. It certainly didn't work for me as shipped. But for those who already have one, and you have problems with leaks, try moving the o-ring.

I have a KSC Mac11 and this adapter was too big for the fill hole. It simply did not work. It also had leaking silicon that soak through the package. I would stay away from this.



After reviewing this on the web some more, it looks as though this unit was half as long as it should have been. I ended up returning it.

Product does what it is supposed to do...No complaints...A little more instructions might be nice like how do you know when magazine is full of gas and how often to lube....Web says every 5 magazines and charge about 2 seconds.

I had ordered the sapien arms airsoft propane adaptor and had recieved it right on schedule. The product came as promised, and described. There are no defects with the product, and overall, I'm very satisfied.

I bought this and it works some of the time. It will fill mags, then it will begin to leak around the "piston". It's NOT leaking around the O-ring, which by the way is unnecessary since it is unlikely to leak in the threaded area. As best I can figure, the central tube/plunger that inserts into the propane tank is the culprit. It doesn't seal well, allowing the gas to escape into the area that is NOT press-connected to the magazine. Then it leaks around this plunger area.There was a YouTube video showing how to use some teflon tape to help and I tried that, but it only alleviates the problem a bit. If the liquid propane isn't being contained in the central tube, it IS going to leak. I think the central plunger tube is just under spec a bit. It does work better when everything is warm, which leads me to guess that as long as the tank seal is soft, the plunger is JUST big enough to seal it, but as soon as you start using it or it's a bit cold, the seal stiffens, and then the plunger is too small to keep a good seal.Bummer. I'm ordering the Airsoft Innovations one since everyone seems to like that one. Save yourself the time and money buy buying the more expensive AI one to begin with. This one is junk.

This product came with a bottle but the silicone oil was all over the package. The adapter worked until i started putting silicone oil like your supposed to. It somehow softened the plastic and now it leaks propane when i fill up my guns - Gas - Airsoft Guns - Propane Adapter - Green Gas'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Airsoft Guns - airsoft guns, gas green gas Airsoft Guns - airsoft guns, gas