Wednesday 7 October 2009

Lcd Hdtv - lcd hdtv, 1080p


This is a very nicely built television.



Plenty of hookups, which were easy to reach.



The Anyconnect (which allows one device to control another like Sony's Bravia, but for Samsung) works well. It's nothing super, but it works.



You can save favorite channels, easily and quickly switch to other inputs, play mp3s and jpgs via USB, ... ya know, all that stuff that you expect from a very nice TV. It's not going to surprise you much. The video didn't need any adjustment for me, out of the box, but there were a lot of options for tweaking it.



Audio was average, not impressive, but I'm used to a nice surround system (which I promptly hooked up). One reason Anyconnect is nice is that I can have the TV output over the surround sound (an Anyconnect system) very easily.



Oh, and the dang stand swivels. It's a heavy-ish stand, too. Another commenter had a problem 'drilling' the stand, but I found this wasn't an issue. I found the build quality to be the best I've ever seen on a TV.



The picture, though, of course, is what matters most. And this TV has an amazing picture. Clear and beautiful. The colors stand out, the contrast is strong, the blacks look black.



The statistic that is weak on this TV is its slow refresh rate (the 60hz). I actually prefer this TV over ones that have a higher refresh rate. Movies look more like the cinema this way. In fact, many movies are shown in theater at merely 24 hz. Have you ever noticed that a movie or TV show looks subtly like a camcorder, behind the scenes tape, or a Soup Opera? This effect is often the result of a high refresh rate, and it reduces the mental blur from frame to frame. I suspect newer TVs actually let you reduce the refresh rate, because many find a high refresh to be less appealing. But this way I get a cheaper TV that I think actually looks much better. Before you spend hundreds more on a 2D set with extremely high refresh rate, test it out and see what you like better. Make sure the media actually supports the high refresh rate. You may find this cheaper set is as good, or perhaps better if you're like me.



I found no flaws with this TV whatsoever. It's amazing that such a large and beautiful TV, from what many consider the best brand, is so affordable. Samsung LN46C530 46-Inches 1080p LCD TV - Black

Oh my, this is a beautiful TV. This TV is the first LCD HD TV I've ever bought. I've been watching a 10 yr old JVC CRT set that has served me well. However, it's only 30" and I wanted a larger screen.



I was hesitant to buy an LCD TV since my old CRT is still putting out the sharpest picture around. But after getting the Samsung 46" and hooking it to my cable HD box I can say that I don't regret the purchase. I'm blown away at the quality of the picture.



I also bought a Samsung Blu-Ray player and the quality of movies are unbelievable. I'm sorry I waited until now to go HD.



I highly recommend this TV.



One month update: I was a bit concerned with this TV being only 60Hz since I watch a lot of sports but I have not had any problems at all. Just recently watched almost every match of the World Cup and had no problems whatsoever with blurring or anything. NASCAR is beautiful on this set.



I've got my old CRT set in my bedroom. It looks crappy now, LOL!

I've had this TV for a month.



I have a PS2, PS3, PC and DirecTV connected to it.



The audio isn't great, but just slightly below average for a TV. The speakers facing downward make for a very clean look, but sound is just a bit spacey, but very clear. I have a home theater setup and didn't expect much out of the built in speakers. I was looking for a high quality 46 inch LCD monitor and that is what I got.



As far as gaming lag, nonexistent.



The picture quality is excellent. If you use Eco mode, brightness has to be adjusted up to make up the difference, otherwise the picture is just a bit too dark.



With the backlight set to 8, the brightness set to 42 colors pop and blacks are black. It is a tad bright when watching at night with all the lights off, but Eco mode takes care of this. In Eco mode, brightness set to 10 is comparable to 8 without Eco mode.



I did turn off the digital noise remover and edge enhancement, the MP4 noise filter is still enabled. With everything set default the picture was a little too smooth.



We've watched HD movies and played a lot of games at 1920x1080, perfect performance and picture.



I've recommended this TV to my friends. Thoroughly enjoyed this purchase.

The black Friday price point ($700.00) is what pulled me in. Great TV in this price range. The only issue I have with it is the motion strobe. This is my second HD LCD purchase. My first was a 40 inch Sony Bravia (also 60hz). My experience with that TV was the motion blur was barely noticeable, so when I bought the Samsung, I expected a similar experience. This is not the case. The blue is REALLY noticeable and can be quite distracting depending on the program or source. Blu-rays and DVD's don't give me the problem to the same degree as watching Direct TV. That said, at the end of the day, the screen size/image quality at this price point balances everything out and I'm satisfied with my purchase.

For $784 you can't do any better then this TV. Free shipping, no interest financing and no tax. Picture wise; in comparison to my previous Samsung TV (Plasma) for which I paid $1,200 3 years ago it's slightly better. In comparison to other cheaper LCDs such as the Insignia from Best Buy this wins hands down. Blacks are actually black unlike on other cheaper LCDs where they appear to be gray. The automatic "real time" brightness adjustment helps out too when the light changes. I have this TV hooked up to my PS3 for Blu-Ray playback as well as gaming. Furthermore, I used the PC input to hook up my computer; I am extremely happy that, unlike my previous TV it maintains the 16:9 aspect ratio without stretching the screen (before I had to use DVI to HDMI to maintain the aspect ratio using up one of the HDMIs where now I can use the analog [VGA] and it works flawlessly). - Lcd Hdtv - 46 Inch - 1080p - Samsung'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lcd Hdtv - lcd hdtv, 1080p 46 inch Lcd Hdtv - lcd hdtv, 1080p