Sunday 13 September 2009

Dress Watches - automatic, dress watches


This is a great watch if you need to look elegant for a special occasion or your doing business with the suits. There are a couple of minor draw backs to this watch though... The casing is very thick so be prepared, and the clasp for the watch will scratch the inside of your wrist the first few times you wear it. I did notice a lot of reviews complaining about how "difficult" it is to set the second time zone, well if they took 3 seconds to read the 2 sentence instructions they would find that it is very easy to set and keep accurate ( I live on the East coast and use my 2nd timezone for pacific since I do a lot of business with that timezone). Overall great watch for the price, and it looks like I'll be keeping this one for a long long time. Stuhrling Original Men's 127.33151 Boardroom 'Emperor' Dual-Time Zone Watch

This watch is elegant and was worth the money paid for it. The reason I rated it 4 stars instead of 5 is that is is hard to set the times in both zones. Once you set the time in the larger clock face, and then start to set the time in the smaller clock face, the time in the larger clock face moves too. This can be a problem as if you do not wear the watch constantly, it stops working and needs to be reset.

I bought this when it was available and on sale for $200. It was worth every penny. I agree with the other reviewer, that the picture that makes it seem like there is a blue dial is misleading and I was happy to read that because I prefer it with a more subtle look. The watch is really well constructed and the design reminds me of a pocket watch, which is part of the reason I bought it. It's very unique and yet classic looking. Also, the band is great because even though it is a leather band, the clasp functions like a those of a metal band, meaning it has the convenient 'pop-lock' function and so you only have to set it to your wrist size once, as opposed to a standard strap that you have to loop in like a belt every time you wear it. No need to worry about a battery as this powered by wrist action which you can see working from the front and back of the watch, very cool.



Overall, great watch for a great price.

This is a very handsome watch, interesting design. My only comment would be that the picture makes the irridesence on the dial look blue whereas in reality it's silver and not that reflective. But still a nice-looking watch.

I am stationed in Afghanistan, I collect Time pieces. When I was in Dubai on R&R I saw a Very similar time piece in a gallary at Dubai mall again Very Similar. I was looking on amazon at watches and I saw this watch and was amazed at how much it looked like the one that I saw in Dubai Mall and for a frection of the cost, The same style but this one was a chronograph with date. Anyway when I look at this watch in person ....by the way it got here pretty darn fast for an APO Adrress.... the watch is beautiful down to the deployment clasp, very detailed and a three year warranty to boot. EXCELLENT!!

The guys here are online right now looking at you timepieces... yep....Excellent

One of the reasons I selected this watch over some of the other Stuhrling options was that the Amazon description said it was water resistant to 100m/330 feet--which should allow for most swimming and snorkeling. Well, I get the watch and on the back of the casing, it says that it's actually only water resistant to 50m, which is only good enough for swimming in shallow water. This is going to make this watch a somewhat inconvenient present for the person for whom it was intended. This product information should be updated to reflect the difference. I haven't decided whether I want to return it yet.

I just got my watch today. In the photo, the face looked black with blue trim. In actuality, its grey with a marble colored trim. Stuhrling Watches are good quality. I have a couple of them. This watch certainly does have an elegant look to it, so I will keep it. But beware, it does look different than the picture online.

After seeing the reviews, I really thought that this watch would be a great Christmas gift at a remarkable price. Unfortunately, I was so disappointed when I received it. The packaging is horrible - bright orange pleather with gold foil lettering. There was a number of offers/fliers/certificate -looking items within the case itself that I really didn't pay attention to the watch right away. I considered going to find another watch box or purchasing a watch valet as an additional gift to go along with it. The watch design was interesting, but not classy or sophisticated. The packaging actually alarmed me enough that there was no way that I believed that this watch was from a Swiss-legend or luxury. That lead me to a Google search. This watch is all over the internet listed as $1000K+ retail but on sale for $200+. As a matter of fact, ALL of their watches are marketed this way. And by the way, this watch is made in BROOKLYN. You can find them being hocked in Chinatown for $10. Like, I said, this was going to be a gift for Christmas. I really wanted it to be thoughtful and well crafted. This watch was not what I was looking for. It looked 'cool' but not authentic and the color of the dial was different then shown. Nothing about it impressed me. If you don't care about the packaging and you just want something interesting to bop around in, then this may be the watch for you. I was looking for a watch that would start a collection and this was not it. Instead, I purchased a Hamilton JazzMaster. Rich watch making history, unbelievably well-crafted and a timeless, classic design.

The watch is very pretty: one of the nicest looking watches that I have seen. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It gained about 15 minutes in an hour such that it ran hours fast in a day. I was disappointed, but I returned it. It was a bit of a surprise. It's the most expensive watch I've ever purchased and it was the least accurate that I've ever owned.



Also, it was a bit overpackaged. It came in this giant orange box inside a black cardboard sleeve, but could easily have been packed more efficiently. - Automatic - Casual Watch - Dress Watches - Watches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dress Watches - automatic, dress watches casual watch Dress Watches - automatic, dress watches