Thursday 6 August 2009

Spinning Reels - pflueger


i purchased this reel for my 9.5 ft spinning rod that i use for bobber fishing steelhead. it is spooled with braided line. i have only used this reel a handful of times but it cast great, good distance, extremely smooth retrieve and drag seems to be very smooth with no sticky spots. the reel also seems to be well balanced. i have no regrets purchasing this reel and for the price its superb value. i definatly will purchase another in the future and recommend all my friends give it a try before purchasing a new reel. Pflueger President XT Spinning Reel, 195-Yards/10-Pound

This is a reel that many would pay more to own, eveything about this reel is smooth and of good quality. I have used other reels with a higher price tag and none have been any better, This reel has a great drag and offers a smooth look and function. This reel wieghs about 9 oz. and for some this may be a bit heavy, I have had no issue with the wieght of this reel and would recomend this reel as a part of any fishing arsenel.

This was a gift for my father who is a fishing fanatic. As soon as he opened it he was impressed by the material quality and how smooth it works. He loved it!!! GREAT PRODUCT, ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND IT!!!

I christened mine on a trip up to the Boundary Waters where aluminum canoes, portaging, rocks, etc can all cause havoc on a reel (especially when tied down to the canoe with other rods and reels scraping against it). Despite all this, the President XT handled like a champ.



My first impression was it felt a bit heavy but understood why that was the case considering I purchased the 10 lb 195 yd version. It definitely was something I felt could hold its own if hooked up to a monster pike in some of the lakes I fish and catfish in the rivers out by me.



Anyways, on my very first cast (which was smoother than any Shimano or Daiwa I've ever owned and used), it I was able to land a 6 lb smallmouth bass at the base of some water falls. I couldn't ask for a more smooth drag for providing just enough to let him run in very strong current and providing enough reel power to control him from jumping or running into too many slipper rocks in getting him landed. What a fight! What a reel!



I couldn't be happier with this reel. Casts are very fluid w/ no tangles or twisted line; drag silky smooth; retrieves always strong.

i did alot of research on 3 reels diawa,pflueger,and shimano.found the best reel to be the pflueger president xt.after trying it out i found it to be better than expected.the drag is very good,and the weight for the 6730 was a little heavy at 9ozs.casting was very good.and very good winding line in.i would rate this reel and comparable to shimano stradic,at a much lesser cost.

I do a lot of fishing from a float tube with light and ultra light gear. I purchased the Pflueger President 6725 XT which is a nice light smooth casting smooth retrieve reel. I hooked it up with a 5 foot 6 light ugaly stick. Ive had it for 2 months fishing 3 times a week and had no problems. I found it alot cheaper at Amazon, well worth the money.

The President series reels are very stout! I got bored of using the big bait caster gear and started Salmon fishing with the trout size model, caught 22 fish on this reel range 17-26 pounds and it held up Amazingly!! i would almost bet these reels could hold up to a sturgeon.

I just received my reel today (took approximately a week with standard shipping). I already own two reels which are the slightly cheaper version of the President. I love these reels. I needed one a little bigger and this reel is just that. I could have probably got by with a size smaller. the 14lb version is quite large and has a very heavy duty build. The reeling on these is exceptionally smooth. I don't know what the technical term is, but when you reel you can stop anywhere and there is no back reeling, just locks where it is. You will not be disappointed with these reels, for the money they are the best reels I have ever owned.

I recently purchased this reel (115yd/4lb.) along with an ultralight "Okuma CELILO Graphite Spinning Rod" that I found elsewhere on Amazon. This reel is very smooth and is the perfect choice for the ultralight rod that I decided on. I have gotten the chance to use it about 3 times in the past 3 weeks and have had no problem with it whatsoever.



I would buy this reel again and it is the perfect gift for anyone looking for a reel to go with a lighter rod.



Another plus that I hadn't realized until I had received both the rod and the reel is that they both have a dark maroon color to them. Although I was not intentionally looking for the colors to match, it was nice that they looked good together. - Pflueger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Spinning Reels - pflueger pflueger Spinning Reels - pflueger