Monday 31 August 2009

Satellite Radio Antenna - xm radio, xm satellite radio


The antenna finally died on my 5 year old Sirius radio ... replacement "sirius" antennas are more expensive than those for XM, especially this Belkin and, frankly, have they received poor reviews for durability.



I particularly like the right angle connector for the back of the radio, since I think my old antenna died from continued flexing of the cable at that point. The new cable is fairly flexible, but mine was hard to unravel without a tangle and seemed eager to develop kinks -- take your time and avoid sharp bends and kinks, they might reduce performance.



I think my old antenna gave me 3 bars (of 3) most of the time. With this antenna, I get a solid 3 bars with a clear sky, and fluctuation between 2 and 3 on tree lined residential streets. The signal only drops out with a long under pass. Performance, in other words, is quite adequate despite this antenna's tiny size.



I took a chance since it had worked with Sirius radios for other reviewers. But, it makes sense that the same antenna would work for both systems -- the frequencies are almost the same, at 2320-2332.5 Mhz for Sirius and 2332.5-2345 for XM. No surprise the manufacturers all use the same connectors, etc., etc., -- it's cheaper that way. Belkin F5X004 Auto Antenna for XM

I bought this antenna because the one that came with the Skydock broke...I called numerous places to find a replacement, but no one sold just the antenna..which meant we would of had to buy a brand new Skydock...No! I looked on Amazon.com and found exactly what I was looking for! Received it the next day in perfect condition. My man now has the use of his skydock again. Speedy Delivery and didn't have to contact their Customer Service. I recommend them highly.

I ordered this for my 2nd vehicle adapater so that I didn't have to move everything from one car to the other. I have a Sirius sportster and it works perfectly with it in it's vehicle adapter. Well worth the price compared to the 3x more expensive antenna from the sirius site.

I've never experienced poor reception with this antenna. It works as advertised. If you have several vehicles and do not like to continue to take the antenna out every time you change cars, then just buy an extra for each vehicle. Set it on the top of your car and run the wire down the window stripping outside of the vehicle and then through the glove compartment or behind it. That way you won't have to purchase a new antenna every couple months because you don't keep untangling it and ruining it every time. I use this with my Sky Dock. It orks like a charm. - Xm Radio - Satellite Radio - Xm Satellite Radio - Sirius Antenna'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Satellite Radio Antenna - xm radio, xm satellite radio satellite radio Satellite Radio Antenna - xm radio, xm satellite radio