Wednesday 12 August 2009

Electronics - home theater, 1080p


Mitsubishi Hc4000 Hc4000 - Dlp Projector - Desktop - 1300 Ansi Lumen - 1920 X 1080 - 16:9

A great projector or rather has a potential to be one.

First the good: very sharp picture, good black levels thanks to DLP dark chip 3.

Bright enough for large screen 120" even with lights ON. Audible noise acceptable in low lamp mode. Easy to install thanks to long zoom range and keystone correction. My projector is attached to 7 1/2 ft ceiling and from 16 ft generates perfectly rectangular image on 120" screen.

Now the bad: this projector has problem with image uniformity which makes the picture darker on one side. Also there is a significant light leakage from the vents and around the lens.

And the ugly: My projector suffers from lens internal light leakage which creates an halo or a ring of light about 3 ft outside the screen. This can be seen on the wall when the scene turns dark and you are in a dark room. This problem is very distracting since the ring appears and disappears as the scene changes.

And a word of advice to everybody: Be sure to check the SELLER RETURN POLICY (including exceptions!) before you waste your hard earned money. I failed to do it and for now I am stuck with a great but defective projector waiting for Amazon to bail me out since the SELLER refused any assistance even though the manufacturer (who provided great technical support) issued an exchange case number. Note, Amazon is NOT the seller.

So let the buyer beware! Mitsubishi HC4000 300-Inches 1080p Front Projector - Black

-I Upgraded from 720p ,HC4000 has extremely noticeable higher resolution- did test a few other 1080p projectors in $900 -$1500 price range all paled in comparison to PQ of HC4000---Has Pretty straight forward menu, easy install ,light weight -black unit color was an important feature for me to blend with black ceiling, there is small amount of light leakage from top of unit which would reflect on floor if turned for ceiling install but not a huge deal with bigger screen ,I am using 110" reflective . Fan noise is audible in silent movie scene if near unit but otherwise the value of a bulb lasting for 4000 -5000 hours and a breath taking picture is worth any minor flaw. Find it under $1499 - Buy and enjoy you wont regret!!

I honestly don't think there is a better projector for the price. The HC4000 has received high marks from many projector websites and even the Hot Product Reward on projectorreviews.com



Just check out [...] for a very in depth review.



I went from a 720p Sharp projector to this 1080p Mitsubishi and it's such an improvement I couldn't even believe it. I'll add more photos and possibly a video in time.



Get this projector, you won't regret it !

Received and installed this last night in media room with a ceiling mount. Easy setup. Great picture compared to my old Runco 720p projector. I am using low lamp power for extended lamp life, and the brightness and colors are still very good.



This projector is half the size and weight of my old Runco projector, and half the noise. Very quiet. I was a little concerned about the 32dB level in the specs, but it hardly noticeable.



The only thing I did not like is the peculiar triangular mounting pattern. I modified my old projector mount with a few pieces of sheet metal instead of buying the extra mount.

I am an independent filmmaker. I may see things that a casual viewer may not see, and they bug me. I had a Samsung FTP5084 Plasma HDTV for like three years. And while I loved it and it outshone everything we've all grown up with, one thing that always bugged me were these horizontal lines that would go throughout the picture when there were any high contrast horizontal visual pieces. Not to mention everyone's experience with jaggies, noise, and all manner of artifacts.



This projector, as I had always hoped digital projectors would, has completely decimated the competition of screen televisions. I have longed since childhood for a humongous television, the size of my wall. And now I have it!!! (I think the projection width of the image is between six and eight feet)



And the clarity and definition of its image... oh my God! It's utterly beautiful. In every sense of the word.



I will never buy another screen television; I'm sticking with projectors from now on.





I usually like to mention when there are any problems with an item or any type of concerns; but really, I have not found one with this projector. The fan is one of the quietest I've ever encountered, the zoom allows short throw distances and accommodates longer ones, the brightness is great even with the lights in the room turned on, the start up and turn off time is quick, the remote is very responsive from everywhere in the room...



Oh. There is one thing; not being able to affect the focus by the remote was a little bit of a hassle after I had it ceiling mounted. But I find it to be less troublesome once it's keyed in, as you never have to worry about accidentally messing up the focus by the remote.



I extremely highly recommend this projector to anyone looking for high def projection.

I received my Mitsubishi HC4000 last week from Amazon and after watching Monday Night Football with some of my co-workers last night, I feel like I should put up a little review. Like most people, I did do some Internet research to find out if buying a projector was a good idea for me. Initially, I was planning on buying a fairly large LCD or plasma TV around 55" to 60" screen size. Then, I started day-dreaming about what it would be like to have a HUGE screen to watch movies,sports, and play games on. I did a quick Google search for "projector reviews" and found 2 good websites (projectorreviews.com and projectorcentral.com) that had lots of good information about projectors. I quickly found out that projector price and technology had improved considerably over the last 5 to 10 years. I quickly narrowed down my choices to 2 projectors in the price range I was willing to spend ($1K to 1.5K), the Epson 8350 and the Mitsubishi HC4000 based off the reviews from the 2 websites I listed above. Both sites commented that the Mits HC4000 had the best picture quality for the price, even though the Epson was close. The biggest advantage the Epson has is lens shift, which, allows for much more flexible placement of the projector. I didn't need to mount my projector in a corner or some other odd place in my room so, I felt that picture quality and sharpness were the most important factors in my decision to go with the Mits HC4000. Right out of the box, I hooked up the projector to my media player via HDMI and put on a 1080p MKV movie file and shined it up on the wall and WOW! The sharpness and color were indeed as impressive as the review websites had mentioned. I also used the advice from an article on projectorcentral to paint my wall with a specific can of white paint made by Sherwin Williams to get a DIY screen for dirt cheap and it does look great.

It was a leap of faith for me to buy something that normally I would have to see in person to make a decision on purchasing but, I am glad I did it and I'm looking forward to many more nights of movies,sports, and games!!! - 3d Ready - Home Theater - Electronics - 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electronics - home theater, 1080p home theater Electronics - home theater, 1080p