Tuesday 18 August 2009

Car Wax - waxes, wax


after clay barring the finish, and using a glaze to polish the finish. i applied the HD wax. i didn't see any difference. my car's finish is a metallic gray/blue. i looked back and thought this was a waste of money. the next morning when the sun was out, i was wrong. the paint had a depth and gloss i had never seen. the wax is on the expensive side. there doesn't look like there's much in the container, to justify the price. a little does go a long way. i know why high end manufacturers recommend this wax. if you want your vehicle to have the best shine your paint can produce this wax will do it. if your finish isn't in good shape. use a clay bar, pre cleaner, glaze, and then the HD wax. always use a clay bar no matter the paint's condition 3 times a year. it reduces swirl marks by removing the embedded particles stuck in your paint that compounds and cleaner waxes pick up, and abrade the finish as you buff. Autoglym HDWAXUS High Definition Wax - 5.3 oz.

Autoglym HD Wax was a product that I bought with trepidation. It was expensive but online reviews were very good. Mind you, I have bought almost every wax found in stores, such as Turtle's ICE; Meguiar's NXT, Medallion and Gold Class; Mothers Reflections and SynWax and Eagle's Nano. They were okay but I was never really completely satisfied with the results so I decided to go a bit overboard and bought some boutique waxes. I have used and been satisfied with P21S from Germany. The P21S was durable, extremely easy to apply and remove and left the car with a slick and glossy finish.



But Autoglym's HD Wax finish left the car with a gloss that really impressed me. The wax is of a medium consistency, not soft nor really hard out of the jar. It is easy to apply and moderately easy to remove. The finish is somewhat slick, not as slick as a pure carnauba wax like P21S but better than synthetics. Water beading is very good (not quite as good as P21S) and a bit more durable than P21S. Once applied, rewaxing the car is a bit difficult as the newly applied wqax does not adhere too well to leftover wax on the car.



Again, this wax has a shine and reflection that to me is unsurpassed. I normally wash and wax my car every three-four weeks so I cannot tell you about long term durability but I am impressed with the product. Remember, nearly all boutique waxes do not have any cleaning properties. To get the most out of this wax will require that you properly prepare your car finish before using the Autoglym HD wax. This includes clay barring to remove any embedded particles in your paint, polishing the finish to remove oxidation and maybe applying a glaze as well.

This wax gives the longest lasting shine and paint protection I've seen yet! I've used many waxes in the past (meguiars, blue coral, etc.) and Autogym HD out shine and outlasted them all with less work. When applied properly it deepens the paint color while giving a high gloss that has lasted 3+ winter months outside in weather. A bit spendy, but worth every penny!

I have a metal flake black car that was starting to look 'tired'. I went over it with a clay bar then Meguire's 105 and 205 polishes and then applied the Autoglym HD.

As a previous reviewer stated, the gloss and depth is stunning. I have never seen the finish look as good.



This wax does not have any abrasives or cleaners in it so while it will add gloss and protect your paint it will not, by itself, bring back neglected paint.



To a clean car, apply this very sparingly. You really do not need much at all. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it has some minor dusting when removing the haze. Not a problem or hazard.

This wax has a tendency of drying out in the can!I had purchased 10 cans of this recently for my detail shop and they all came half dried out. I have found that the application of this product is very labor intensive but I'm not to surprised at this price level. It does not feel like a high quality wax when I use it. This wax seems to have to much solvent and polymer resin in its formula. The results: The product beads up very well for about a month then it breaks down. The wax leaves alot of spotchy oil residue that only seems to level out after you wash it. I would not suggest this product. - Wax - Waxes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Car Wax - waxes, wax waxes Car Wax - waxes, wax