Tuesday 18 August 2009

Art Glues - glues, glue sticks


Not all glue sticks are created equal. This one is more equal than the others. It's superior to Elmer's white glue, because it sticks quickly and easily without wrinkling the paper and the drying time is much faster. Great for children's crafts. Adults will love it, too.



Compared to other glue sticks, this one will actually stick. Hard to believe, but there are cheapo brands out there that don't stick at all. The cheapo brands also dry out, even with the lid on. As long as I keep the lid on these Avery sticks, the glue keeps gluing and gluing.



It is a permanent glue that is acid-free and photo-safe. I'm sure the scrapbookers out there have already discovered this glue stick.



Awesome quality product. I highly recommend it for all paper crafting needs.



_______________________



UPDATE: I find this larger size glue stick dries out before the kids are done using them. I like the smaller sticks better. When my sticks do dry out, I cut off the dried part and the lower half will still work. That's a waste of glue, though. Avery Clear Application Permanent Glue Sticks, 1.27 oz, 6 per Pack (98073)

We were happily surprised to see how large these gluesticks are! They are great for school projects -- adhere well and are not messy. They keep well when the lid is securely fastened. My grandchildren do their homework at my house after school, and each of them is responsible for their own gluestick. This package of six sticks is a lot of paste for the money!

I have gone through many different types of adhesives in my collage work, and once I began using these large glue sticks, I never looked back. They are the best hybrid of a wet glue and a dry paste and work well to adhere many materials. There is little or no buckling when adhering to paper, and fabric lays down smoothly. They are ordorless and clean up easily.

We ordered a pack, and several of the glue sticks are molded. I have never seen glue that grows mold!



Not to mention, this glue is very tacky - literally and it sticks to your fingers. I have to find a different brand that works better. Disappointed. - Glues - Pastes - Glue Sticks - Adhesives'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Art Glues - glues, glue sticks adhesives Art Glues - glues, glue sticks