Friday 7 August 2009

Automotive - rainx, razor blade


I tested these blades over a year ago for my mazda. From a survey company. I didn't belive all the claims, boy was I wrong they live up to their statment. Used them for a year, rain just beads up on them, no need for winter blades. Liked them so much bought some for my explorer did a great job all around even on the back window and some of you know that is a problem on some suv's. Can't say enough they are a bit costly but well worth it after all. Just bought the second set for my Mazda I am a believer. Rain-X Repel Premium Bracketless Wiper Blade - 18"

I purchased some of these for my wife's car. It had been difficult to see at night and especially when it rained. I expected some improvement but these made a HUGE difference! There were even some Rain-X disposable wipes to use before installing these and that is a nice bonus even though I already have the liquid bottle. These have been on the car about 9 months and are still doing wonderfully.

The wiper itself is great, does a good job of hugging the windshield and clearing water. Better than the stock wipers I had before. My only complaint is the same I have for rain-x in general: I can never get that commercial-quality rain sheeting action. It doesn't really sheet off as much as I would like to see. I would still highly recommend the wipers, and would say there is slightly noticeable difference in how quickly water sheds off. It's better, just not as better as I would have hoped.

I've been a fan of Rain-x wipers since they first came out maybe 4-5 years ago, and have now bought several sets from Amazon. I am pleased at how the pricing has gotten more competitive (my first set I bought with introductory rebate BOGO offer, and tried not to pay more than that for a pair since). About 1-2 years ago the sizing changed, and the last set I ordered flashed up on amazon "not the right size for your car" Ignoring the warning I bought the same size I had ordered 3 years ago, and when they came they were definitely SHORT by about 1". I kept them because they still covered all the main viewing sections of the windshields. Overall performance is pretty good in both rain and snow. They don't crust up with ice too much because of the design. Maybe a little bit more than traditional winter wipers, but not enough so to be a problem. Generally they wipe quite streak free, and I'll continue buying them in the future, making sure to pay attention to the amazon sizing recommendations. They seem pretty durable from UV perspective also, though to be sure I haven't tested them in desert conditions.

I'm definitely one of those guys who hates cheap windshield wipers. I realize I'll probably only buy new ones once a year, so the difference between buying $3 walmart ones and $17 rain-x ones is $28 a year and the difference is night and day! Rain-x has some of the best wipers I've ever owned, and these are well worth the money! Wipe the applicator stuff on the windshield and run ur blades about 3 mins and u now have rain-x applied everytime you run your wipers! and they stick to the windshield very well and don't wear out as quickly as most cheap blades. I also use the rain-x 2-in-1 washer fluid, weather is never an issue anymore!

these wipers did not do as good as i expected. i don't notice any water beading until roughly 60 mph. so unless your on a major highway there just normal wipers. for $40 i expected more but maybe my hopes were too high. get em, or not i wouldn't buy them again. - Razor Blade - Rainx'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automotive - rainx, razor blade razor blade Automotive - rainx, razor blade