Thursday 27 August 2009

240hz - 1080p, hdtv


Received this TV late last week (6/2/11). The set looks great. I ordered a 52 inch Samsung 7000 series Plasma a couple of months before this and ended up returning it. It put out a lot of heat! The Plasma also had image-retention.If you would watch ESPN for even twenty minutes and change the channel, you could see the shadow of the ESPN logo for a couple of minutes.. The Plasma also had a slight buzzing noise. BTW the Plasma was properly broken in.



After returning the Plasma I decided I did not want logo's and letterbox's (widescreen black boxes top & bottom) dictating what I watched. I knew I wanted an LED-LCD from one of the top manufactures (Samsung, Sony, LG, Sharp).



The Sony's were a little ridiculous as far as the price and did not look any better in the big-box stores than the other brands: Buy one if you really want to pay more for a Sony logo to impress your friends (I hope you do not have those type of friends, life is too short)... The Samsung TV's seemed to have "clouding" issues and I was not impressed with my Samsung Plasma.



This set had good reviews and the 52 inch size is perfect! The TV is bright (backlight needs to be turned down a bit from factory setting) and really looks amazing with no noticed "flash-lighting" or "clouding" so far. Colors a very accurate and the apps, ex. Netflix, are great. The TV even comes with wifi built in, no usb wifi device needed! Blacks are dark for an led and viewing angles are very wide.



If you want a solid set from one of the top manufacturers this set is perfect and can be had for a solid value. Sharp LC52LE835U Quattron 52-inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED-LCD HDTV, Black

Let me start off by saying this TV when I first saw it online I fell in love.

The reviews at the time all had 4-5 star, no complaints ect. I first saw it at $1450ish on Amazon and figured for a 52" 3D LED TV that sounds like a steal.



I have a 32" Sharp TV in my bedroom thats older and love it, grant it 5 years old, still is a great LCD.



Anyway a few things on this TV I want to point out as some reivews don't mention this or understand it.

This TV while it is LED it is Edgelit LED which means it will have some very minor bleed, but this is what allows it to be soo thin, and boy is it small! GREAT for wall hanging!



Let me go into some details on this.



The edges of the screen on dark images look perfect, no issues, on bright images you see the far left and right side have a very minor bit of more brightness to them, and no one noticed until I pointed it out even. (I am just very detailed so I see everything).



Its def not a cause to not buy the TV. Its very minor and again on dark images (which I thought is funny as expected otherwise) it has no bleed on edges.



The flightlight effect some people are seeing, if I recall correct its same as above, on edgelit this can be common, but its also very very minor and only visable if you have the image set to certain modes that are just bright. I have yet to adjust anything manually, am going to calibrate it with the Disney WOW disk when I get around to ordering but I am sure after this it will be fine.



All in all I think for 3d LED tv its fair price. It has plenty of features for network (which the Wifi setup without issue and works great also btw).



My only other complaint other than minor things mentioned above, which wouldn't stop me from buying again because for the price I cant find anything better except maybe plasma is that its not a true 240Hz like Amazon and Sharp make it look.



This TV is 120Hz and has a setting for 120Hz high, low and 240 Aquomotion. The 240 Aquomotion is not a real 240Hz, its 120Hz on the screen side and does 120Hz on the LEDs or something like that.



In Sharps words "AquoMotion 240 Technology improves fast moving images by combining Sharp's 120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced Technology with 120-backlight scanning. Fine Motion Advanced processing creates and inserts 60 unique frames a second, which smoothes out edges that occur between frames in the original footage. The backlight scanning works with the panel refresh rate to further reduce perceived motion blur and improve overall clarity and picture quality."



So that's my only other complaint really. I thought I got a great deal on a 240Hz TV to find out its really just 120Hz. That made me feel like the value of it went down some.



I really have not gotten to test 3D also because no glasses and the new model ones just came out and are not in stores yet and I don't want to buy the old ones of course. Also if buying on Amazon, buy it after like 1AM ET or late on weekends. The price has dropped down to mid 1300's and seems to jump all over.



Also be careful as Amazon only price matches one time, I thought they would keep matching own price but while they did work with me a few times they pointed out its a onetime thing so make it count if using!



Overall I would say is still a decent TV for price, even feeling robbed on the 240Hz a little. You cant find a 3D 52" LED TV for this price. Only plasma.



My other minor complaint I forgot to add is the screen is semi gloss, can have some glare. Probably not as bad as a plasma would be but was unexpected.



I would rate it at a B+ on A-F scale. Would be an A if was true 240Hz and not gloss as again the bleed and what not is so minor I don't mind it once you correct settings.



***Update*** 7/4/11

So TV started to get more noticeable flashlighting effect. Seems that as it broke in some they got brighter and now I can see them through some images. I read a lot of people online get this problem but also a lot don't. With the size of these nothing is perfect.



Anyway I reached out to Amazon and no questions asked they placed a new order and the delivery guys will pick this one up on way out.



I did also notice on this TV I do have 2 stuck pixels. They are the yellow ones too but from 2 or more feet away you can't see them because how small they are.



I hope my new one has no stuck (even though couldn't tell) and the flashlighting is none or much less. It seems when you first turn on the TV you get no flashlighting but after about an hour of being on its at its brightest.



Will update when I get it *crosses fingers*



***UPDATE*** 7/11/11



So new TV came. Box looked not the best which I was worried about (not Amazon's fault).



Anyway got it all setup. It has same flashlight issue, but has a few less but still has them. Hopefully they won't get any brighter this time. The upside is this one has no stuck or bad pixels at all and old one had a few yellow ones. (Not that I could see them from more than 2 feet away and I wouldn't RMA with only a few if you cant see them from 2 feet or more away). Like I said before some flashlighting is expected on these types of TV and it also depends on your brightness. They don't show them also for the first hour you turn them on, it's after about an hour they start to show. I can see them simple after an hour on and than putting it on Auto (so it does not dim down) and turning my cable box off so the screen is blank.



They are livable and may adjust away better when I re-calibrate.



On the other upside Amazon has a GREAT deal right now. Buy this TV from them before end of July and you also get TWO free 3D glasses!! That's extra $160 you save! Just add them to cart at the same time you buy the TV. This TV does not come with any by default but with Amazon doing this AWSOME BUNDLE the value of this TV just got even better!



So after all this would I buy this TV again? Yup! It's still a great price and has a nice picture. My only complaints still are minor flash lighting (only visible after being on more than an hour and very minor, someone prob wont see unless I point out), the semi gloss screen and the misleading 240Hz thing as its really only 120Hz. It's still a great buy though. You can't find anything with these features for this price still. It has great apps, built-in Wifi (no dongle to play with or buy even like some Samsungs make you) and it connects to internet without any issues!



Buy the TV and get it before july ends so you get the free glasses! You won't regret it. And with Amazon if you have ANY issues they will work with you without question. So you see a few people with issues with lines or something but a simple eMail or call and Amazon takes care of you. That's why I buy from Amazon over BestBuy or Walmart. Great price, great selection and AWSOME customer service! - 3d Tv - Led - Hdtv - 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


240hz - 1080p, hdtv hdtv 240hz - 1080p, hdtv