Tuesday 21 July 2009

Your Mom - bicycle, cycling


The "chrome acoustic chamber" is cheap plastic. My 8-yr old son had this on his new birthday bike for 10 minutes before the neighbor kid came out with his bike to see what it was and ran into the exhaust "pipe" with his bike's front wheel and it cracked a big hole in the middle of it! How cheap! I ended up taking silver duct tape and taping all the pieces from the hole back into place, and then duct taping the entire exhaust pipe to make sure it didn't break that easily again. For the price, I really expected a lightweight metal acoustic chamber and not cheap plastic. The cards and the card holder seem like they will last a long while. The sounds are fun and my son loves that he sounds like a motor bike. Good concept, but could definitely be improved in quality. More cards would be nice too. Turbospoke the Bicycle Exhaust System

Bought these for two grand kids birthdays. One dad loves it the other's response was "damn you "; he likes quiet. Good low priced fun present for kids w ho have everything. Gets them out of the house and awawy from the electric video games.

The exhaust pipe looks cool on the back of the bike but thats about it.. It sounds just like haveing a baseball card in the spokes.. not really like a motorcycle.. A baseball-like card is placed in the spokes just above the exhaust pipe and that is what generates the noise.. I was hopeing for something a little more , maybe electronic so it would sound more like a motorcycle.. but my 6 year old son thinks its cool..

I saw the videos online and had to get one for my nephews. It installed easily on the Mongoose 20" bike. The bikes in the videos have spoke wheels, and the sound is good. The bike I put it on has 5 spoke mag wheels . . . I think it sounds even better on the mag wheels. It is easy to install, seems to be a very durable plastic and best of all, it sounds cool!

We bought this for a smaller bike. Had trouble getting it to fit. Screws are in an awkward position. Cards that are supposed to hit the wheel wires, didn't. Couldn't get them into position. We had to junk the whole thing.

When I was a kid, we stuck playing cards on the frame of our bikes with clothes pins to make a motorcycle noise. Then I got version of this same turbospoke system when I was 11. I bought this turbospoke system for my 11 year old grandson for Christmas, and he couldn't wait to put it on his bike. He's transfixed with the motorcycle sound, and loves the variety of cards that can be installed. It doesn't use batteries, and it isn't something he can play sitting in front of a screen. It enhances his outdoor bike fun and reminds me of my childhood days. You can't beat that for a toy. - Cycling - Bicycle - Bicycle Accessories - Tomax'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Your Mom - bicycle, cycling bicycle Your Mom - bicycle, cycling