Wednesday 22 July 2009

Two-way Family Service Radio - 2 way radios, walkie talkie


This pair is a decent entry level compact two way radios.



If you are looking for simple, compact, short range two way radios, this is perfect for you. It's very simple to use, fits right in your palms for easy grip and handling. It's got a belt clip which makes it easy to carry around. You can use the rechargeable batter it packs with or use your own AAA batteries as back ups, which can be helpful on longer trips or usage.



Some of the negatives:

1. this model do not have 'sub-channels'. this can really bother you if you constantly have other users on the same channel jamming.



2. battery level only shows up when it's low. this can be an hassle unless you carry extra AAA batteries.



3. When on 'LOCK' status, you cannot change volume because it locks all the buttons.



4. volume is somewhat low and voice cracks on highest setting Midland LXT380VP3 24-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair)

I bought these not knowing a bunch about 2 way radios but how much is there to know. Well for starts clarity, volume, range, power supply and accessories capabilities. My experience with these the first day I got them wasnt at all what I expected as far as volume and range goes. When the listing says up to 24 miles I didnt expect to be able to do it however I at least expected to get 5 miles which I didnt and we wasnt using them around tall buildings, I would say at most the transmission started to become unclear around 1 mile no line of sight (havent tested line of sight yet). The volume wasnt to my liking however if its no other noise going on around you it would be just fine but for me I would like to see it a bit more elevated in this area of performance. I will say the radios at my testing times was not fully charged as in being charged for 24 hours and at this time I am not sure if this has any thing to do with the range of the product. Other wise its great for the buck and a few accessories to plug and play with it. Product arrived with rechargeable battery packs instructions base charger and 110 power supply, very well packaged. Havent test many of the other features yet. Good Luck!

My company has gone through many different brands of walkie Talkies and this is the 4th set of these I have used. They work well, are reilable, and have clear signals most of the time. On occasion we will get some radio noise and have to switch channels, but it is VERY rare. I would reccomend these again and will buy more in the furture as we expand!

They have a charger so you don't have to keep buying batteries. We put them back in the charger at night and they are ready to use the next day. The sound is clear and very easy to use. Just wish I had bought them sooner.

I got these for my grandsons, and my daughter particularly asked me to write a review praising them. They are easy to use, and very durable. She found the user manual very helpful, actually written by someone who speaks English. She has found one feature particularly helpful. It is possible to lock the controls, so that the kids don't get the settings out of whack. This eliminated some irritation caused by the younger child changing channels in the middle of the game.

This product works great and all employees are happy with what they got.

Shipping was prompt and it arrived exactly on time. This is the third

time I've ordered a pair of these off of Amazon and I haven't been disa-

ppointed yet.

I know the advertisement reads that these radios have a 24 mile, unimpeded, line of sight range, but I figured if they had that kind of range, they should reach more than a mile or two on normal rural terrain. After a mile or two, I was unable to communicate with the second radio, on high power setting. Oh, and you need an $87.00 FCC license to use the GMS channels. I didn't see that mentioned in the description!

These two way radios have great range and hold a charge for a decent amount of time. I don't actually know if they have a full 24 mile range, but I have tested them at about 12 and had good luck. The only downfall for me is that they don't have seperate charging bases so I can keep one in my husband's shop and one at the house.

I've tested this radio in various conditions, and working ranges are as follows:



Dense cityscape - half mile is ok, after range increases, voice becomes choppy.

City with relatively low height houses and relaxed planning, 2-3 mile is best what you can get.

Flat area with direct line of sight - 6-7 miles.



So I think, declared 22 mile range can be achieved maybe on moon only...



In general, radios are OK, just what really bothers me, is the low amount of hearing volume, even at maximum setting, it's quite hard to hear what other side say, in average city noise. So this unit is definetly NOT for construction worked or noisy areas, unless you use headset.

Like others, I thought if the range is 24 miles under perfect conditions, I'd settle for three miles (1/8 of the 24) under "open road" conditions. Didn't happen. On a straight line open road with rolling hills, little traffic and the usual trees and such well off to the side, the range was a touch over a mile, and that was on the high setting. Other than that they are easy to operate, small and light, and the sound quality is good once you are in range. - 2-way Radio - 2 Way Radios - Gmrs-frs Two-way Radios - Walkie Talkie'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Two-way Family Service Radio - 2 way radios, walkie talkie 2-way radio Two-way Family Service Radio - 2 way radios, walkie talkie