Sunday 19 July 2009

Tape - scotch, packing tape


I've used this packaging tape, and one other brand, for years. I love the ease of use and the strength of the tape. It meets all United States Post Office Standards and I use it for sealing all my packages. I highly recommend it. 3M 341 Scotch Clear Packaging Tape, 2-Inch x 800-Inch, 6-Pack

I've been using this product for many years and have never been disappointed. The tape has excellent holding strength and the dispenser is easy to use. You can use this dispenser one handed or two handed, despite what another reviewer mentioned. One very nice design element of the dispenser is a feature to prevent the tape from reattaching itself to the roll, making the end hard to find; little tabs catch the end of the tape for you. 3M produces a consistently good product.

I bought a roll of this tape about 2 weeks ago and today I tossed out the remainer - about 90%.

I tried to use it on a regular cardboard box. The tape peeled off easily; it did not stick.

I tried a second time, thinking maybe the first section was bad. I had the same experience.

If I had thought to keep the receipt, I would have taken it back to the store. I was good money on what I thought was a reputable brand.

If you are in Office Max - buy their brand. It is much, much better.

I've been using this type of packing tape for a couple of years now and I really like it. I started using this tape to replace my large handheld roller for a number of reasons: this tape rips off much easier, is stronger and has less problems twisting. I've had no problems ripping the tape off the attached cutter - never had to use scissors. This tape has stuck well on any box or poly mailer I've used.



The larger handheld tape roller would twist up on itself and it drove me crazy. These are much easier to use.



Pros:

Very strong tape - mailed many packages and the tape holds up well

Easy to rip tape off the cutter - just a small twist of the wrist and it cuts off

Tape does not fold up on itself - less waste

Easier to hold than a large roller - can easily hold the box shut with one hand and use the roller with the other hand

Lightweight rolls compared to a large roller - I found the larger rollers to be so top heavy that they can be clunky



Cons

A little more expensive than the large rollers but I use less and don't waste much because it doesn't twist or fold

Currently its on a daisy wheel press, applying lamination to my home printed business cards! It is the perfect size for the cards. My business cards are now indestructible AND water-proof. Thanks 3M for this 2in. tape!

I was really bothered that the Sams identical product was 30% cheaper. The Sams tape also had more tape on each roll!



This req 2 hands to operate: one to hold the tape and the other to roll it out. The "yellow" dispensers hold the tape in such a way that only one hand is needed. - Packing Tape - Tape - Scotch - 3m'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Tape - scotch, packing tape packing tape Tape - scotch, packing tape