Sunday 19 July 2009

Amazon Digital Services - amazon kindle fire, ebook reader


I used IM+ last year -- a great product, great interface, worked without a hitch. Or so I thought.Turns out, logins to any IM services are done via an IM+ server, with no way (at least at that time) to opt out of it. What that means is that your username and password are sent to IM+ and they login on your behalf. They do this to enable some of their features, like not dropping messages as you drive into and out of contact with cell towers.I saw no indication that the folks behind IM+ were doing anything wrong with the passwords, but the architecture is such that someone else may be intercepting those username and passwords and harvesting them, and I couldn't take that chance. And to be fair, several other IM apps do the same thing.Caveat User! IM+ Pro All-in-One Messenger

I tried using this for about 10-15 minutes while at home chatting with a friend. Just not impressed. It's slow, the UI is clunky/unrefined. It just really doesn't make me want to use it for chatting on my phone. Trillian on the other hand is refined, fast, and does what I want. New features and updates are consistently added, and most importantly, it does what it's supposed to do, as advertised.EDIT: There are reports that Amazon doesn't update Trillian on their app store as frequently as the Android Market. I would suggest getting it on the official Android Market just to be sure you get the most recent version and it's updates when they are released. - Ebook Reader - Android - Fire - Amazon Kindle Fire'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Amazon Digital Services - amazon kindle fire, ebook reader ebook reader Amazon Digital Services - amazon kindle fire, ebook reader