Thursday 9 July 2009

Resistance Bands Set - p90x, exercise bands


First of all, these came ridiculously fast. I ordered after lunch on a Weds, and they were on my doorstep Fri morning before 8am. Amazing.

Second, I am very happy with the bands. The grip is comfortable (even when I'm sweaty), and the bands don't rip the hair off my arms when they rub against me. I am a fairly strong person, and I am able to get some use out of the lightest, more out of the next, and a lot out of the 3rd strongest. I should have have plenty left to go as I get stronger.

Also, I read some reviews on cheaper bands that had a tendency to break at the handle. These have been put through a lot of stress in the last week during my P90x workouts, and they haven't compromised at all.

The door hook is great too, as I've used it to replace the chin-up bar in my videos.

All in all, I would definitely recommend these bands! Flexcords Resistance Bands Set includes 6 Exercise Bands *On SALE*

I bought the Flexcords set so I could workout when away from home (I have a home gym setup.) They are definitely compact, sturdy, and are a good value for the money.



My biggest complaint, though, and one that truly does knock two stars off of this product, has to do with the handles.



These resistance bands have nylon straps threaded through pieces of black PVC. When attempting to do certain exercises, such as back scratchers or lawnmower pulls, the handles tend to shift in a way that makes the movement being attempted unnatural and, in some cases, downright dangerous.



If you're looking for bands in order to do the Beachbody Power 90 series, I would recommend looking for bands that have one piece handles. As stated above, the Flexcord handles prevent you from easily executing certain moves, with the two I listed above being a part of the Power 90 circuit training.

I have tried a few of the resistance bands sold at the local box stores. These are better made, and a much better buy! With the many different sizes you definitely won't run out of options. I started with the green, and have moved to the red band so far. That leaves me two more, and the thick grey one looks like it will be a killer! My wife is still at the first band, so there is something for everyone. How to use them videos can be found all over you tube, so don't bother buying a dvd. I found a good program online and I can feel the difference already. Quality construction, and the door hook thingy works great. Thanks!

These are great resistance bands for the price! I don't think you'll be able to find 6 resistance bands set for this price anywhere. There's no DVD, but I've used resistance bands before so I'm completely fine with that. Also, there's enough resources on the internet to find different exercises or there are other resistance band dvds available. The white cord is very strong and works great for bicep curls. If you're looking for to get as close to quantity, quality and afforability this is the pack you're looking for. Excellent value!

The bands arrived quickly and contained all of the contents as described. The only annoying part was needing to go to the manufacturers website to find out what the resistance was for each band.



The door handle is great for replacing pull ups when beginning P90X. I am a bit out of shape and cannot do more than a few pull ups so I begin my set on the pull up bar and switch to the bands afterward to complete my set. The heaviest band and the door loop are great for this.



The handles on each band are decent, but they tend to slide around a good bit when using them. It is not enough that I feel it bothers me too much; however, I can see how some people would find it rather annoying. Each band having it's own handles is a huge plus though. Most of the bands I looked at only contained 2 handles for multiple different bands, I would much rather pay a little to not have to switch handles each time I am changing bands.



I got the bands for starting my P90X routine. I am just winding down my second week of the program and 2 of the bands are already beginning to fray. The second and third heaviest bands (blue and red) are beginning to fray near one of the handles. I am rather tall (6'5") so I am not sure if my height is putting extra strain on the bands and taking them to the failure point or if the bands were just poorly designed. The material they are made out of feels like a rather dry rubber so the fraying is not all that surprising to me. When just touching the bands they do not feel much like a high quality elastic I was expecting.



I have contacted the manufacturer to see about getting replacements for the 2 malfunctioning bands.



If they replace the bands free of charge I would be rather pleased as long as the replacements last longer. To be honest though, given the material I do not really expect a replacement product will last much longer. Once I hear back from the company I will update the review with information about the exchange procedures. I wouldn't recommend these bands unless you don't have any other solid options. The individual handles are nice, but the durability of the bands is extremely questionable.

This was a great deal on six bands of varying resistance. They work just fine and the handles are good. I like being able to switch between them quickly. My only suggestion is that the bands should be labeled for the different levels of strength (I ended up writing 1,2,3, etc. on the handle straps so I could determine which to use). Overall, I would recommend.

I'm by no means a weightlifter or anything but at 210lbs and 5'10" I guess I'm stronger than the average bear? (even better than Yogi =P) The two heaviest cords will have their uses for me but just starting out I am able to bicep curl the "40-55lb" cord. The rest i cant even see being used individually. However, the handles are a small ~1 inch pipe so I am able to easily grab two and use them (this being where the light weights come in handy). My hands aren't ginormous, i can just barely palm a basketball so most people should be able to do this if need be.



The bands themselves are great though. Can stretch up both arms completely vertical (about 8ft each so 16 total) and they still stretch back to normal easily. The tubes are silky smooth and dont catch my hair, which is a definite plus. They dont look like they'll break (or weaken anytime soon) but if i notice something ill update. Overall, great purchase. - Home Gym - P90x - Exercise Bands - Resistance Band'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Resistance Bands Set - p90x, exercise bands p90x Resistance Bands Set - p90x, exercise bands