Monday 20 July 2009

Rechargeable Batteries - battery, black and decker


This is the stock charger that comes with Black and Decker 12V drills. I've had one melt. The second one just stopped working. Black and Decker customer service is utterly unresponsive after multiple attempts. There's some indication that the Dewalt version of this, for $10 more, actually functions and fits the same battery. Black and Decker PS160 12 Volt Battery Charger #418352-01

Don't buy it and Amazon should not allow it sold on their site. It worked exactly one time. I was unable to return it. I was given the run around by the provider (bettervac). There are better options for a similiar price (B & D PS1MVC; I've also heard that the Dewalt DW9116 will charge B & D batteries).

I have not used this product as yet because the very valuable caution provided by the distributor. My previous charger had shorted out and

the caution furnished with the new charger prevented me from shorting out

the new charger. The caution? "Don't try to charge a dead battery, it will short out the charger."



I will now have to order a new battery or two.

This product is grossly under-engineered. If you make the slightest mistake the product will short out and become useless. This is what happened to me. I accidently put a bad battery in the charger and it shorted out and is now just a piece of junk. Oh wait, actually it was a piece of junk even before it shorted out.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Black and Decker still supplies these as replacements. I am now out $25+ with nothing to show for it. I will think long and hard before I buy another B&D product.

If I could rate this product lower than 1 I would.

This charger is a waste of your money..don't buy..up grade to the Black and Decker "PS1MVC" charger and you won't be sorry. Buy this and your just throwing your money away....Would have rated at zero stars but couldn't.

This item is not found in local stores. We were so happy to find this battery charger which is compatible to our older model wireless power tools. The first usage charged the battery just fine. The next time we went to plug the charger in and use it, it no longer worked. Very disappointing to spend money for one use only.

Do yourself a favour and buy the DeWalt DC9310 Heavy-Duty 7.2 Volt - 18 Volt 1 Hour Charger instead. It charges both the Black & Decker PS130 (12V) and PS140 14.4V) Firestorm batteries.



I've wasted money on 3 of these Black & Decker chargers and that doesn't include a free replacement on the charger that came with the set and stopped working on the second day. I thought I was doing something wrong all of this time - leaving the batteries charging too long and cooking the charger - until I read the reviews here. Seems like everyone has the same problem. Black & Decker should be ashamed of themselves and I will never buy one of their tools again - Rigid, Ryobi or DeWalt for me in future.



My 12V Firestorm set has been sitting in the basement collecting dust until my wife said she was going to throw them out and I thought I'd have one last go at salvaging it (as it cost about $160 when new). As I couldn't find the charger or batteries in the stores, I started looking on line and found that Black & Decker doesn't even support these models anymore (thanks for nothing, B&D !!) With the help of other reviews on Amazon, I eventually found (and bought) the DeWalt DC9310 charger and it's the best $30 I've spend in ages. Not only does it fit and fully charge the 12V Firestorm batteries, it fits and charges the 14.4V Firestorms as well.



Thank you, DeWalt. Thank you, Amazon reviewers. And stuff you, Black & Decker. - Charger - Cordless Drill - Battery - Black And Decker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rechargeable Batteries - battery, black and decker battery Rechargeable Batteries - battery, black and decker