Wednesday 1 July 2009

Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - bluetooth headset, wireless headphones


I bought this headset specifically to pair with my iPhone. The sound is great and I certainly did not experience the volume issue that a previous reviewer noted. Bluetooth works very well when paired. Most of the time I have to delete the device from the iPhone and allow it to pair as if initially. That is a hassle but works well. The fit is comfortable but the rigid band that connects the ear pieces limits to some extent the flexibility. I have enjoyed a number of phone conversations and that function is so far flawless. I can hear the other party very well and everyone has reported excellent sound on their end. The light weight, comfort and wireless functionality makes this product a winner and well worth the price. Jabra HALO Bluetooth Stereo Headset

I finally took the plunge to buy a stereo bluetooth headset even though there a few choices. I have to preface my review saying I have a small head and very small ear canals so headsets that might fit well on most others are too big for me. I didn't want a cord hanging down on my neck or headphones that fall out when I run. The Jabra Halo is extremely comfortable and secure. It fits very flush so I can even wear a cap over it. My only concern is that it will be too warm to wear in the summertime. The sound is excellent without any interruption. The volume sensor takes a little getting used to since it's not a mechanical volume control but works well. Like the comments of others - the lowest volume may not be low enough for some. I tend to listen at the gym or running outside so my main concern is sufficient loudness and the Halo has that covered. Pairing was easy although I didn't have the headset sides locked into place so I had to call Jabra. I called another time about using the headset to move to the next selection (which can't be done on an iPhone). Both times Jabra tech answered the call immediately and provided excellent help.

Comfortable to wear, but warm. The inside of the headset is lined with a padded velvet, so I wouldn't recommend wearing them if you're going to sweat.



They look amazingly sleek. Low profile, distinctive without being ridiculous.



I had no problems pairing with my iPhone and PC. Calls were clear, both for me and the person on the other end.



Does fold to take up less space, but not *much* less, so other than folding to turn them off, there's almost no reason to do so.



Sound quality was very, very nice, but for some reason, when paired with the iPhone, minimum volume is ridiculously loud. Watching TV on the computer was a pleasant experience, but listening to music was impossible. I don't tend to blare my music anyway, but when the minimum is still louder than my comfortable max, it's time to return the product.



With that said, I'd snatch it back up in a heartbeat if the manufacturer fixed the sound issue*.



(*Edit: 2011 - I'd originally titled this review "Eardrums... I miss them." The volume issue was apparently a problem with Apple's bluetooth software that has since been fixed.)

Let me start be stating that the audio quality was acceptable, both for calls and music, but overall, the design is seriously lacking in the following respects:



1. The power switch is integrated into the headband hinge -a snap open, fold-and-slide affair that feels rather insubstantial and twice collapsed (inadvertently shutting down the radio) while in the process of taking the unit off my head.



2. Beyond the power switch functionality, the folding configuration provides no significant space savings. It's not as though collapsing these headphones will make them any less bulky in a laptop bag or purse.



3. The earpieces do not pivot or swivel at all -basically, if your head isn't a perfect fit (and mine isn't), they don't sit right on your ears and constanly slide off.



4. The software-based, touch sensitive volume control is a profoundly unreliable, counterintuitive gimmick. A hardware dial or rocker switch would have been much better.



5. The headband and earpieces are lined with some kind of synthetic velour that traps lint and fuzz admirably, but doesn't add to the comfort. And finally,



6. You can't control the tracks on an iPod Touch or iPhone 3G/3Gs with it. I know that's not Jabra's fault -that is a problem with Apple's current version of A2DP, so I don't consider it a knock on this product per se. I just mention it for the benefit of anyone planning to use these with one of those devices.



If you're really in love with the aesthetics of this unit, consider the Jaybird Sportsband. They're $10 cheaper, and they have basically the same features, but the earpieces adjust to the shape of your cabeza and you get real, tactile controls.

Wow, I will be the first to say that I was very hesitant about getting these, mainly due to the reviews and remarks in regards to how they work with apple products older apple products do not work with it, but thats cause the bluetooh signal is updated.. so blam apple or upgrade. I decided to rsik it and try them out and if worst came to worst retrun if needed. I am so glad I did, the rumors or comments abotuhow they are difficult to sync with an ipad are all false. I saw these on wired magazines podcast and they were very accurate on every aspect. The headphones surprisely have amazing sound quality versus my apple earpods, and actually even better tahn my seinhueser high quality plug ins. Syncing was a breeze, just hold button down and it will show up on ipad an done. Battery life is better than expected as well.I am averaging about 8hrs. I also love that the charge time is only 2hrs. the touch sensors work fine, the only advice I would give being that it is a wireless signal.. is give it a second or two when changin volume n dont go crazy tapping the plus area on the ear piece, it will get loud n blow your ear off.

Overall these are the best bluetooth headphones I have ever owned and used. Despite all the good points they are some flaws. Like many other reviewers the first thing I notice was the shut off feature which requires you to snap and pull on the headset. Immediately it feels against nature to do this.. but so far I havenot had an issue. Many feel they will break over time, overal I feel that if taken care of they will last quite awhile..just don't be a brute with them.

For me personally my biggest quam is the charging cable! seriously it is the words smallest charging cable ever, I am curious how they expect you to use them while they charge which it does allow and is nice if possible. I am hoping that maybe they charge while corded to the phone or ipad. I am not sure. I plan on contact jabra and seeing if maybe I was just sent a plug that is too short. Once I know better I will leave an update.



As you can see the pros outweigh the cons. and for the price amazon is selling them for, you cant beat it.



Pros:

wireless music

Light

Comfortable

Able to connect two devices, ipad n phone ...yeah me.

Amazing sound quality

Nice felt lining

Quick charge time

Awesome design

Comes wiht a soft carrying case.

Usb cables,

Carry case for 1 dollar available wiht amazon.. it is nice as well.



Cons:

shutting off feels like it will wear the material

super short charging cable. - Bluetooth - Wireless Headphones - Bluetooth Headset - Jabra'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - bluetooth headset, wireless headphones bluetooth Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - bluetooth headset, wireless headphones